3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Supernatural experiance  (Read 3299 times)

Offline Soonerlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Supernatural experiance
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 11:47:31 AM »
Again back on Ft. Sill, and this time on another dark night, but now at Geronimo’s grave. It was in my patrol zone so I would make the short trek out there to ensure that no kids were out fooling around out there. Sure enough, nobody there. But as I had done before I decided to talk a walk through the graveyard. I was young and fairly irreverent back then. There’s a small dry creek that runs adjacent to the graveyard and as I was walking I could hear footsteps down in the creek or near it. Initially I thought it was a raccoon or something because I couldn’t see anything around with my light. So I stopped. The rustling leaves stopped. I continued on my journey, and at the same time the leaves did as well. After a few yards I stopped again, once more using my super bright flashlight to look for this opossum or raccoon. Once again, as I stopped so did the opposing steps. I reversed course and headed back towards the gate, sure enough, so did the rustling sound. Several more times I would stop, turn back, and each time the sound would stop and turn almost with mirrored precision. When I got back to my patrol car I pulled down to the creek crossing and used both the alley lights and my handheld flashlight but so nothing. No critters, no people, no cars, nor any on the other side parked out of the way. That was creepy.
PSE Legacy 55@28
Diamondback Venom 55@28

US Army MP 2000-'08

Offline shankspony

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 01:29:13 PM »
Interesting topic.

For whatever reason I dont get these feelings or happenings. Ive found a few burial  caves and other sites but never feel anything other than respect, or wonder at how those past people lived.
I have seen some genuine reactions from other people though that make me think.

One was a neighbour who was telling me his story. He has a piece of land on his farm that just will not convert to farming. it always grows scrub and fern. Every time he takes machinery into it, it stops working and won't go until he moves it out of the area, bikes, chainsaws etc.
One day he hires a young Maori guy to help him clear the scrub with hand tools. He hasn't told him about this spot, but after 30 minutes of work, the young guy comes up to him and says, Boss, I quit! He asks why? and the young guy tells him its because the old people are standing on the ridge throwing things at them.
he just leave that area to itself now.

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2021, 03:23:40 PM »
This needs to be brought up.  :laughing:
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Stringwacker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2021, 07:32:19 AM »
I was hunting the Gila in New Mexico quite a number of years ago and became aware of a woeful moaning sound coming from somewhere over the next rise. I was miles from any road and to my knowledge the only person in the area. The first thing that crossed my mind was that I wasn't too far from Mexico and perhaps I was hearing the aftermath of a drug deal gone bad.

I carefully approached a small meadow and notice an old dilapidated homeplace. It was an odd sight in the national forest but there was no mistaken that the sound was coming out of the structure. As I approached the home the sound increased; a wailing that would only seem to be able to come from the depths of hell. Frankly, I was afraid, but I weighed my terrified fear against the moral good of humanity so I carefully approached the homestead with great caution.

I eased up to one of the window openings, looked inside and saw nothing. I eased around the structure only to see a 5 gallon metal bucket jumping violently in a vertical motion and  the same time vibrating in a tight circle in an open yard. The first thought that hit me was was that of a demonic possession. The thought of cartel drug lords now out of the picture; I watched a few minutes,..... then decided to move closer.

I approached the seemingly demon possessed bucket. With all the courage I could muster, I lifted it up. I was surprised to discover a 16" ventilator shaft sticking out of the ground gushing out cold air cavern air; no doubt the homestead was a old miners cabin. Somebody placed a 5 gallon can on top of it just for kicks:) It sure worked on me........
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 07:48:24 AM by Stringwacker »
Pope and Young Life Member
PBS Regular
Compton Bowhunters
Mississippi Bowhunters Hall of Fame

Offline Lori

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2021, 10:31:04 AM »
Reading this reminded me of one. We were hunting a large farm connected to a public hunting area. After sunset we all met at the van getting ready to head home. The van was fired up and the lights turned on. Then, in the distance we saw a pair of eye hovering above the standing corn heading an angle toward us but still hundreds of yards away. One of our group wanted us to hurry up and get out of there. Suddenly, the eyes vanished, my husband said, 'that's not good.' Grabbed the portable spot light, I was told to stay and keep my cell phone on. The guys headed out to the area that the eyes were last seen. It was not a ghost, the poor guy that had snuck onto the private land was taking a short cut and fell into an ancient hand dug well. At one time it had a wooden cover that was over grown with vegetation, but when he stepped on it the old planks gave out and down he went. I got a phone call, "Bring the rope." Lucky for him the well had been filling in and was only about 8 feet down to the mucky bottom. The eyes we saw were reflection stickers on his tree stand sticking up above his head, so he could spot it in the dark. He must have been embarrassed for getting caught trespassing, we never saw him again.
  I think my husband knew what he was seeing the entire time and he knew where that abandoned well was. He just enjoys playing with our friend's runaway imagination when ever he can.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:05:02 AM by Lori »

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2021, 12:51:04 PM »
Two years ago I was hunting the South Republican River on the Colorado plains just off the Kansas line, cold day overcast, snowing a little, had on insulated bibs etc, sitting there and very distinctly heard a woman's voice in distress saying help, like you would imagine somebody being attacked and screaming help! Was in a climber so I lowered my bow and came down, had to get the bibs from outside my rubber boots to inside cause I was going to need to wade the creek they call a river, walked over and all about the area the noise came from and even walked back out towards the parking area to look for tracks in the fresh snow there, I was all alone! Figure it must of been a bobcat or something!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©