3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: On the ground  (Read 3117 times)

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: On the ground
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 07:58:22 AM »
Ed Ashby has some interesting info about camo thought this might be helpful for your grounded experience....

Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2020, 11:03:34 AM »
Sounds like your hunting better areas than you was last year ( beouf)!  :biglaugh:
You hunting detective alley?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 11:15:14 AM by Crittergetter »
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »
Sounds like your hunting better areas than you was last year ( beouf)!  :biglaugh:
You hunting detective alley?

Be in the ole alley tomorrow. Nothing like hunting property named after yourself! Gotta be some luck in that.
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »
I will be down at the camp tonight, but I wont be there tomorrow.  "Detective Alley" is a good starting point, but it will look totally different than it did last time you were there. 

There wont be water any where close to where you rode the 2WD white stallion last year.  Water should be about a mile and a half from there, so there will be a lot of woods to search!  Good luck!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2020, 08:22:32 PM »
I will be down at the camp tonight, but I wont be there tomorrow.  "Detective Alley" is a good starting point, but it will look totally different than it did last time you were there. 

There wont be water any where close to where you rode the 2WD white stallion last year.  Water should be about a mile and a half from there, so there will be a lot of woods to search!  Good luck!

Hahaha the white stallion!!!  :laughing:  shame we will miss you we will be in a primitive camp for Saturday night and then leave sunday afternoon.
Fred Bear

Online Kenny Henderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 09:31:12 PM »
Good luck to you and Will, I’m thinking about making the change to “the ground” as well. Hopefully I’ll get to share a camp with you again sometime.
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 11:16:49 PM »
Good luck to you and Will, I’m thinking about making the change to “the ground” as well. Hopefully I’ll get to share a camp with you again sometime.

That would be an honor Kenny. Just got my little Bro into trad so hopefully I will have him and will at this years hunt. Look forward
To seeing you and that awesome recurve again soon.
Fred Bear

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2020, 03:33:58 PM »
It is, that, Dave! Are you using any sort of mesh or natural blind material to brush you in or just sitting and trying your hardest to look like a tree trunk? (been there, done that!) :laughing:
Aim small,miss small

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2020, 03:37:58 PM »
It is, that, Dave! Are you using any sort of mesh or natural blind material to brush you in or just sitting and trying your hardest to look like a tree trunk? (been there, done that!) :laughing:

Since our deer on WMAs seem very spooky I try to not adjust the landscape in anyway. I’m sitting in areas that are kind of natural bind areas with a lot of background stuff with some obstructions in front as well.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©