3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Source for a tab  (Read 752 times)

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
Source for a tab
« on: October 18, 2020, 11:29:39 AM »
Many years ago I ordered a leather side quiver from Dean Torges, unfortunately i believe the builder of the quiver has kind since passed away.

Anyway when I received the quiver, which I still use, it came with two simple leather tabs. Single piece of what appears to be die cut leather, no finger separater or sewn on stiffener. Always before a glove shooter, I switched to the tab. Looking for a source.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Source for a tab
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
I recommend cutting out your own.  Go for the best: cordovan leather.  Many sources of leather, Tandy, etc.  Just put on a board, trace from an old tab you like, and cut with an exacto knife or some such.  By the time you trim any simple one-piece tab you buy to fit, you'll probably have about as much time invested in it as if you make it yourself anyway, and you probably won't be getting cordovan.  If you wanted extra bells and whistles, I’d suggest buying, but for a simple one piece three or two under tab, I see no advantage in buying one already made.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline David Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Howard Hill Tembo
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 12:41:31 PM »
Check out EW Bateman high quality gloves and tabs. If they don’t have what you want you can send them an old tab and they  will make a copy out of good cordovan leather.

Offline TxSportsman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 01:38:21 PM »
I would second an EW Bateman tab as well. That's what I used before switching to glove.
Sunset Hill - "Four Count"

Offline Ceb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 12:36:34 AM »
I cut up a pair of old worn out boots tonight, it ain't cordovan, but I'll try to cut some out.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 05:45:33 AM »
Hard to beat a cordovan tab.

Offline Petrichor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 03:21:42 PM »
Toelke has tab kits that allow you to customize your tab. Fleece backing no fleece ect.  They are 20 bucks and well worth it
Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow.
Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©