3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Relax?  (Read 801 times)

Offline gordydog

• Trad Bowhunter
Relax?
« on: October 24, 2020, 05:55:14 AM »
Easy to get caught up in the season as things start to heat up. Constant weather checks for stand selection, shooting, resharpening, rewashing cloths, laying awake selecting a stand...similar to getting ready for a wrestling match. Sometimes I have to tell myself to RELAX and enjoy it, good luck everyone, be safe.

Online ed lash

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Relax?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 06:37:30 AM »
I understand. Me too. I would have liked to have a deer on the ground by now, so I'm starting to press...it's not even November yet! It's great fun though and my favorite season. Good luck to everyone and hope it's a great year for you.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Relax?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »
I learned my lesson 40 some years ago....

We always hunted my grandpa's dairy farm. Nobody around bowhunted. Bucks only, no doe tags. Shotguns and punkinballs, hell nobody even owned a "deer gun".... Took my Dad over 30 years to kill his first buck!

I'd been shooting a bow, since about when I could walk. When I got my license, I purchased a bow stamp. BUT, I still only got 1 tag! Opening weekend we went up to the farm. The does, never being shot at, were basicly stupid... I was able to shoot nice doe Saturday morning!!! I was done for the year.... The next year was almost about the same, except it was the second Saturday, and a button buck. Done for the year.... AGAIN! :readit:

After that, I started waiting for a buck. I passed up does, and some years it was "tag soup" but at least I got more time to hunt!!! It was about 10 years untill they offered a separate "bow tag" but it gave me the time to learn, while still young, to "enjoy the hunt" :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©