3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Portable steps/ need some advice  (Read 349 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
Portable steps/ need some advice
« on: April 20, 2008, 11:30:00 PM »
Hello gang.  Here is what I need advice on..

When I climb a tree I use strap on steps to get up and hang my lone wolf hang on stand. I've been using the lone wolf steps and they are nice / not heavy etc..  The only problem is standing on one foot while attaching another step/ stand... Is there a good light weight step that I could support myself on both feet while attaching another step or my stand?  I was wondering in particular about the Ameristep non typical rapid rails and the summit bucksteps...   Anyone have experience with either of these steps?  And can I carry them in straped onto my assault hang on stand?  THanks in advance...
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Portable steps/ need some advice
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 11:51:00 PM »
I have a three piece set of the Rapid Rails and find them to be very handy, easy to use and solid.  They strap easily to my aluminum loggy bayou as my in and out setup.  I would think they would strap to most any stand with a couple of bungees.  Rick
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »
Can you place both feet side by side on a step while hanging the next step and tree stand?  Thanks Rick
Blessings,
Steve

Offline varmint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »
Probably not really what you're looking for,but I use 2 steps with the LW.I stand on center step and top step to hang the next section at about chest height,same goes for the stand.Seems to keep the steps and stand at the right distance to be able to step up easily and still be able to get pretty high........I sometimes use up to 5 sections of the LW ladders tho......

You may think about buying 1 strap on step to attach at the same height as your top step on the ladder stick section also,should only be about $10 and would be easily removed to use for next section up,and very portable to haul in.
Bowhunting......A way of life and death.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:30:00 PM »
The Rapid Rails work nicely. I stand on the middle and top step when I hang my LW. Coincidentally, I've been thinking of trying the LW steps as they appear easier to backpack with the stand. It's good to read the imput before I buy.
DonD

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
By the way, a good safety belt helps ALOT
DonD

Offline Gordon martiniuk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »
2 feet on 1 step does not seem like a good idea 2steps one on each side and a saftey belt then your set buy the best screw in steps you will not be sorry steel steps are my favorites climbing sticks are also very good do not cheap out your life depends on you not falling I run 10 to 12 stands and when friends use my stands the one thing they say is wow that stand was very easy to get into as I run steps 10" apart which makes getting up and down in the dark easy
Gord

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
Rapid rails are nice , Muillinium makes some too that are nice....marco
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
Just buy a heavy duty screw-in step, $2 at Dicks. screw it in even with the other step and you are good to go. I myself use skyhook henag on steps but when i get tothe point in the tree where I want to stand and hang my chippewa stands. I use two screw in steps screwed in at the same height, works great. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »
Rapid Rails    :bigsmyl:

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »
Lone Wolf climbing sticks, 4 of them will do you find.  And when you get to the top, screw in one of your heavy Lone steps to balance yourself, and you can stand on 2 feet, while hanging your Lone will stand.  Works for me.

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©