3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: For The Love Of Widows  (Read 5881 times)

Offline A Lex

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For The Love Of Widows
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2020, 12:54:32 AM »
I only own three bows, all Blackwidow PLX's, all 66" take-downs, and all with the Toby grip. 55lb, 65lb & 75lb.

Don't see the need for another bow even though I've looked at the odd other bow once or twice. There are sure some excellent bows out there, but I just keep coming back to my Widows. They shoot great, look great, are very well made, and they do everything I could ask of them.

No complaints at all, and I have only great things to say about the bows, the people and the company.

Best
Lex
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 05:35:07 AM by A Lex »
Good hunting to you all.
May the wind be your friend, and may your arrows fly true,
Most of all, may the appreciation and the gratitude of what we do keep us humble......

Offline TradBrewSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2020, 11:18:01 AM »
I am one of those that loves trying different bows, but will always have a widow in my arsenal! I have had quite a few over the years but my PL is currently my go to bow. I have had a couple of PSA's in this past that were great as well, and am sure won't be the last. They have by far the best customer service that I personally have dealt with to date. Cant go wrong with a widow for sure.

Offline captain caveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »
How about some pictures

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2020, 12:35:48 PM »
I've wanted a PL for a while.  But I shoot best with a shelf cut 1/8th" past center and they won't build them that way.  But they are beautiful.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline Joshua Grimshaw

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2020, 12:59:30 PM »
I have a 60" Osage PSR; it is the only bow I have hunted with for the last few years.

Offline KentuckyWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 01:21:08 PM »
GCook

My PLX shoots right on with my PSA III. Can switch be between them and not miss a beat.

Get a PL...doubt you will regret it.
Black Widow PSA III 54@28
Black Widow PLX 54@28

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2020, 02:19:50 PM »
GCook

My PLX shoots right on with my PSA III. Can switch be between them and not miss a beat.

Get a PL...doubt you will regret it.
Maybe someday I'll find a used one and get that chance.

Offline Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2020, 10:22:26 PM »
Joshua,  Do you have any pics you can post of your 60" Osage PSR?  I plan to order that very bow next year for my birthday.  I was thinking I would have them leave out the red but haven't decided for sure yet.  I am shooting a 58" PSA that is 52@28 and I love it.  Smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot.  I am using four wool string scallops from two tracks on a ten ring string and it seems nice and quiet to me.  At least I can't hear it over the ringing in my ears from too many years behind the 12 gauge duck hunting without hearing protection.  Word of caution to the younger fellas, cover 'em up now and you'll thank yourself later.   

Offline beemann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2020, 12:18:59 AM »
PAX  Black and White Ebony

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »
Joshua,  Do you have any pics you can post of your 60" Osage PSR?  I plan to order that very bow next year for my birthday.  I was thinking I would have them leave out the red but haven't decided for sure yet.  I am shooting a 58" PSA that is 52@28 and I love it.  Smoothest drawing bow I've ever shot.  I am using four wool string scallops from two tracks on a ten ring string and it seems nice and quiet to me.  At least I can't hear it over the ringing in my ears from too many years behind the 12 gauge duck hunting without hearing protection.  Word of caution to the younger fellas, cover 'em up now and you'll thank yourself later.   
Shotguns and 5.56 pretty much damaged mine then working around large machinery put the seal on it.
Good advice for young folks.  Your hearing and eyesight are things they can't replace.

Offline Joshua Grimshaw

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 10:10:57 PM »
Flingblade
Here is a picture of my Osage PSR.

Offline Flingblade

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2020, 12:42:48 PM »
Nice bow Joshua!  I like the dark orange color!  I am going with osage and black with no red to match my alma mater colors.  Oklahoma State orange and black.  Think I'm going to include a white stripe but no red.  I was thinking about naming it "Pistol Pete" but I've started hunting out of a saddle this year so I think I'll just go with "Cowboy".  My graybark PSA is named "Boanerges", which is the nickname Jesus gave James and John meaning "Son of Thunder".  Now I just need to decide on a weight.  My PSA is 52@28 but I have thought about going up to 60@28. 

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2020, 01:16:11 PM »
I need to stop coming to this thread, especially with the pics getting posted :biglaugh:

I am a hill style guy but an osage PSR or a PCH have always called out to me. I may have to "test drive" one after season.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 02:36:53 PM »
I have had several, still have a PSA Greenleaf, are they great bows, absolutely !!  But I have several bows that I shoot better. I had a MA greybark that I never should have sold, I would buy one of that model again.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2020, 02:43:23 PM »
Nah, I'll stick with my Hill style longbows.
Sam

Offline Coach Jones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2020, 09:16:56 PM »
I am wanting to order a KB but have not decided if I want a 56 or 58 incher.  I draw right at 28.

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
Saving for one now! Going to likely head down to Nixa as I haven't had an opportunity to shoot any, and want to make sure I find one that fits me well.
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Online shick

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 09:56:16 AM »
I just returned a PMA-X that I took for a 'test drive'.  Thought I would like it better than my '01 SAV  60" 50#@28".  Didn't notice enough difference to purchase it.  Bocote/Zircote riser w/no red or white; bocote limbs.  Appearance was 2nd to none.   No regrets.
Shick
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2020, 11:06:37 AM »
I already gave my thoughts regarding Widows. Just not my favorite but maybe my luckiest. Was thinking this today as I readied mine to go out this afternoon. If I’ve relayed this already somewhere forgive me. Had a brain issue that makes me forget things.
So years back, early 2000s my wife gave my daughters, the younger being an infant a card With check and the 2nd half of pmt on bow for my bday. . It has my kids names on it. It came around Sept. By  Oct my oldest daughter maybe 3-4 would fly out of car upon arriving home from grandmas where she stayed as we worked.
She’d ask if I got a deer w “her bow”. I’d tell her not yet I wanted to practice w it. Each day I’d look out back of my taxidermy shop and see deer moving through the woods near a stand I had set. I finished early enough, grabbed the new bow and headed out. As I started to tie it to a haul line a bunch of does came through. One centered itself between the Y of a tree perfectly centering it’s vitals. Allowing very little room to not get vitals. I shot and saw her crash down. Wasn’t even in stand yet.
My daughter came home and asked if I got a deer w her bow. I brought her outside and she asked where the horns were!
Ok so a week later I haven’t been out, I finish but I’ve been skinning bears. I smell like grease. Ah I grab the new widow, run down to a recently cut cornfield and set up my climber. Man it’s crazy less than an hour til dark. I have my bow, license, knife, bow hook and stand. I jack up, wearing blue jeans and a flannel. Pull my bow up, check watch it’s I think 4:26. As I look down I see a rack buck sneaking through. I shoot it, it runs out into power cut and falls over. I check watch. 4:26. Less than a few minutes w a new bow and 2 dead deer on it. Maybe not my favorite bow maker but this bow has been out not all that much and has stories on it. Might be my luckiest. Bringing it out tonight. First time in a few years. We’ll see what happens but it’s super windy here.
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline beemann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
Nothing better than a lucky bow.....  The boys in Nixa build a little luck into each one.... :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©