3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison riser ?  (Read 482 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison riser ?
« on: April 21, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
Just looking to see what folks think of the A vs B riser and why.

I suspect that the A riser would be stiffer since it's shorter and be faster than the B but what about shootability ??

I do plan to take a drive at some point to try them myself but untill then I'll ask thanx   :)
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison riser ?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
I have the A riser Tom, and before I shot one thought that the sight window would be too small.  I have found that is not the case and now prefer the shorter sight window.  I had a B riser takedown recurve, if I bought another it would be the A riser.  I am not the shot that you are, but I don't think you will notice a big difference.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
I would think that a longer riser with shorter limbs would be best. The longer riser would be heavier and more dead in the hand and the shorter limbs would still be very stable and fast. That's what a bowyer told me who sells both long and short risers of the same bow but I am fairly certain that Mr. Morrison might be helpful here as well. Don't the Olympic bows have relatively longer risers? Anyone with a degree in physics?  :)
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »
How long a draw are you Tom and what length bow do you want to end up with?
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »
Good one Curveman! Sometimes it feels like everyone here has a degree in Physics!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 01:04:00 PM »
I draw 28 on the nose from NP to the back of the bow.Not sure how much shorter it'd be measured to the throat of the grip but I don't think anybody check's it there anymore LOL.I shoot a 64" LB now but would go shorter.Shot a 58" Dakota 1pc that was nice so somethin in that range 58-64.

I'll try them myself since we're all differnt I was just lookin to see what I may expect to find/feel

Thanks again

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
At 58" an A riser with the longer limbs would be a little smoother at 28". The B would be a little faster and the extra mass/site window might help depending on your shooting style. Bob gives you lot's of choices which is a good thing.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 06:47:00 PM »
that's what I though also David, I ordered a B riser with D limbs, makes a 62" bow. I had an A riser that I had just sold a day or two after I got my bow, and put my limbs on it just to see how they would shoot off an A riser. It seemed the draw was actually a little harder and to my eye It seemed faster..to bad I had to send it out before I had a little more time to try both. I'm thinking maybe with the shorter riser I was working more of the limbs? don't really know, but now I'm going to have to pick up an A riser also, just so I can experiment some.

Tom, the only right thing to do is to get both an A and B riser with a couple sets of limbs, and then sell me the one you like the least for a much discounted price  :bigsmyl:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
I've got a B riser. If you were going to get some foam core limbs what would be your choice...C or D limbs?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
I have an 18" ILF riser (basically a B riser), and B ILF limbs.  It's 58".  The bow is very stable with the larger riser, and the shorter limbs sure shoot fast.  I also really like the larger sight window.  I have had and A Cheyenne riser, and an A Shawnee riser, too.  So far this ILF is my favorite.  That being said, I have a 16" ILF riser on order, and C ILF longbow limbs.  I should be able to mix and match ad infinidum, as well as have a pretty good poundage range to play with.

Larry is right, get both the A and the B, but don't sell them.  If you end up with more than one set of limbs, you're not going to want to swap limbs all the time, are you?   :D

Mark

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
B because I have a 29"+ draw.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 01:06:00 AM »
I have had the A and B riser Shawnee.I liked em both.I think if you wanted a set of limbs for a longer bow and with a little more mass the B riser would be a great choice.You can still get a pretty short bow with a B riser with his shorter limbs.

If you wanted a really short bow with less mass the A riser would get the nod.

Its kinda like splitting hairs.I draw 30 inches and if i had to pick one for myself it would be the B because i could get some of the longest Dakota limbs and have a 66 inch bow and get some shorter ones and have a 62 incher.Which is as short as I really want to with the Dakota limbs for me personally.

Theirs quite a few variables to look at when you break it all down.I would certainly talk to Bob and discuss what your looking for in your bow and then make a decision after you wiegh everything.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 09:13:00 AM »
I have an A riser with B limbs in the Cheyenne which makes a 56" bow and I draw 29",great bow I feel no pinch or stacking, very smooth all the way out.

I have a B riser with B limbs in the Shawnee and it makes a 58" bow also very smooth and quiet as a mouse.

I love them both.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
Danny

Wouldn't an A riser and A limbs make a 54" bow?

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 11:21:00 AM »
OOPS, it is an A riser and B limbs.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »
So an A shawnee riser and C Dacota limbs would be a 60" bow???

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 01:23:00 PM »
My 'B' riser and 'C' limbs on the takedown recurve comes to 60". w/ 'D' limbs, it's 62".

Maybe the shawnee riser is different?
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
A+D=60"
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©