3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: want to buy used...  (Read 233 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
want to buy used...
« on: April 21, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »
i want to buy a used longbow or recurve but im worried about the warrenty.  what are the chances of a bow actually failing?  has anyone ever needed to use their warrenty?  do warrentys transfer to the buyer?  thanks for any info!
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: want to buy used...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Most bows that have a problem would fail pretty quik in my opinion therefore a used bow that looks good and has been shot some should be fine.I have had new limbs crack on me(bowyer made them good no questions) but most bows are well made and last a long time.Kip

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
what Kip said.... For me I would stay away from that E-_ay site. The reason is some ppl on there don't know anything about bows.I would go to any Trad shoot that is close to you or shop and try as many bows as you can.

Offline SCATTERSHOT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
Most bows are warranted to the original owner. Never had a problem with a used one in good shape, though. A lot more bang for the buck, too.

Good advice from guido. Buy from someone who knows what he's talking about.
"Experience is a series of non - fatal mistakes."

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
I have bought a couple bows used with great success, I bought one off eb@y and the limb failed on me, I called up the bowyer and he gave me a really good deal on another, the ones for sale here I would trust, but not the ones on eb@y
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Most bowyers warranty for one year. I asked why only a year? Most bows if they do have a problem or a flaw will fail with in a year. If they don't they will last a long time. I was told this by a number of bowyers.Some bowyers do go up to three years  on a warranty to the original owner but the replacement is pro rated. After the third year you might have to pay up to 75% of the new price.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©