3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Its here !! my 90# yew ELB  (Read 1139 times)

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
Its here !! my 90# yew ELB
« on: November 22, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »
 :archer2:

Don't actually draw the full 31" its about 29.5" war bow draw and 26.5 index to mouth so  high 80's and high 70's.

Haven't finished the arrows I was making yet.  I have some spine wise that would already work but need far more mass weight for the bows sake. 

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Its here !! my 90# yew ELB
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 01:16:48 PM »
I like ELB's, but I can no longer pull a bow that heavy. I used to be able to pull that kind of weight for just a few shots. It looks nice, exactly like what it was designed for - a killing machine. Will you hunt with it? 3D? How about your Robin Hood outfit? Do you have poplar arrows? So many questions simply because it is an ELB! I like it.
Sam

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 01:29:33 PM »
Now, that's an ELB, horn nocks and all. Well done!  :thumbsup:  Can we see an unbraced and full draw pic?
 I made a 95#@31", yew ELB a few years back but I could only pull it about 15" so I gave it back to the guy that gave me the premium yew stave. At least he could pull it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »
Now, that's an ELB, horn nocks and all. Well done!  :thumbsup:  Can we see an unbraced and full draw pic?
 I made a 95#@31", yew ELB a few years back but I could only pull it about 15" so I gave it back to the guy that gave me the premium yew stave. At least he could pull it.

Ill get a full draw picture likely tomorrow when i can get someone to hold a camera.   got a bit of natural deflex and a slight bend to the left (will help it be slightly more center shot)

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2020, 02:30:09 PM »
I like ELB's, but I can no longer pull a bow that heavy. I used to be able to pull that kind of weight for just a few shots. It looks nice, exactly like what it was designed for - a killing machine. Will you hunt with it? 3D? How about your Robin Hood outfit? Do you have poplar arrows? So many questions simply because it is an ELB! I like it.

I will try and hunt with it once im confident it my abilities with it. Ive got a kind of viking ish outfit.   consists of  this bow,  a  condor bushcraft tomahawk, helle viking knife,  wool anorak, heavy leather belt, wool blanket, flint and steel with some char wood and hemp rope.

Offline Ari_Bonn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »

Offline Long Barrel Colt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 02:43:05 PM »
It's a beast for sure and for certain. My right shoulder hurts just looking at it...
Coyotes Shot No Waiting
Them Mountains For Animals And Savages
Bear Kodiak 59 Reissue #40
Black Widow PSR V #45
Black Widow PL V #50

Offline SlowBowKing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 09:07:29 PM »
Cool. I’d be embarrassed to see how far I could get that back...
-King

Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2020, 09:19:08 AM »
 :thumbsup:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©