3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bear Cub Year? (Pics)  (Read 318 times)

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
Bear Cub Year? (Pics)
« on: April 22, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
I was given this bow by a good old friend, who's  place I've hunted since I was big enough to hunt.

At 92 he's still kicking, and gave me his son's old bow.  He was going to look around and see if he could find his old bow too for me...as he wanted me to have it.  I guess all those years of pickin rocks, milkin cows, and taking care of calves he thought he "owed" me something. Now I assured him the life lessons and hard work he taught me were the best payment he could have ever gave me! Well unless he had a '59 Bear laying around collecting dust...because his wife wasn't around yet to bake a blackberry pie.

Anyway...can anyone help me with the year on this CUB? It's in good shape but it was covered with old camo tape so I've got some cleaning to do. 62" 47#

I don't much about old bears...but this was the first I've seen the poudage written under the side plate. Was this common?

Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bear Cub Year? (Pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
No expert, but the first digit before the letter( #7) is the year designator for those 60's bows... so that should make it 1967
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 09:39:00 AM »
yes it was common to put the actual weight under the side plate

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:02:00 AM »
1967 and it sold new for 24.95 according to the 1967 Bear catalog....pretty good shooters...bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©