3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Climber help  (Read 1281 times)

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
Climber help
« on: December 11, 2020, 02:44:34 PM »
I’m setting at home recovering from my 3rd shoulder repair.  Having high hopes for next hunting season. I was thinking about climbing stands.  I have a summit open shot. The dr has put a halt to doing a dip action again ever.  So that climber is no longer an option.  Is there any sit and stand climbers that the front can be lowered as not to interfere with the bows limbs?  Thought about hang ons and sticks but not allowed to work above my head.

Would love to hear options. Have a great day ESP

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Climber help
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 02:56:57 PM »
The lone wolf sit and climb

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 03:13:10 PM »
Agree that a Lone Wolf sit and climb would do it. 

A lone Wolf hand climber, modified to a sit and climb, would be even more streamlined with no bars to get in the way.  Lone Wolf sells a nylon strap that attaches to the hand climber to form a loop strap that you sit to use it as a sit and climb.  Check out LWs web site for a pix.  It's on page 2 of gthe accessories page.  They call it a "Hand Climber Sit Strap."

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »
Yep lone wolf if you used one you’d prob forget the summit anyhow
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 05:22:01 PM »
I use a lone wolf assault, which is a scaled down version of hand climber perfect for trad bow clearance.  I keep one of their accessory sit and climb straps on it for big boot weather ( once had the bottom slip off my big boots and had a time getting it under me while supporting my weight on my forearms).
I use this stand exclusively ( except for a few ladder stands in my hickory woodlot), and log a few hundred hours in it every year.  Easy to climb with, easy to pack in and out--- I don't even fold it up anymore, and very silent.

Offline Stinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2020, 12:13:02 PM »
Another vote for the Lone Wolf sit and stand.  I used to use the top part of the Lone Wolf and the bottom part of a Timbertall (no longer in business).  I loved that set up because the Timbertall was so light weight and it had a leveling wheel adjustment on it that made it very easy to adjust the level if you happened to misjudge the taper of the tree when you started climbing.  Put a line between top and bottom so that if you somehow manage to lose the bottom it won’t slide all the way down the tree.  Easy to pull the bottom back up if you are sitting in the Lone Wolf facing the tree.

Offline bucknut

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 06:08:24 PM »
I've had a lone wolf since they came out. Even before they had the belt system. I climb different than most. I do an overhead pull up / crunch motion and can climb a tree and be sitting before most other stands can be strapped to the tree.  I see you are still fairly young and if you are in good condition you might try it. I don't know what your doc would say about that motion, but I've been doing it for quite some time with both shoulders blown out and no issues.
Whom virtue unites death cannot separate.

Offline Jbseitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2020, 08:18:38 PM »
Sent you a PM
Never go back the way you came

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2020, 07:52:31 AM »
Turn your Open Shot into a sit & climb. I used a shooting bar from a ladder stand that swing out of the way.

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2020, 12:04:33 PM »
Thank you all for the input. 

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©