3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow length  (Read 870 times)

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
Bow length
« on: December 11, 2020, 04:13:19 PM »
Im currently shooting a 60" recurve honestly the only one ive really shot.  Im thinking of ordering a 58" tall tines. Im 5'9 draw 28" will the 2 inch difference be noticeable negatively or positively?  I do the majority of my hunting from a tree.  Some blind sitting one a go out west.  This year ibdid more ground sitting with no blind and really enjoyed it.  Will be doing more of that im sure.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Bow length
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 04:30:26 PM »
I doubt you'll notice any difference due to the 2-inch difference in length.  However, there may be other design/shooting characteristic differences between the TT and whatever you're shooting now that will be more noticeable.  .

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 04:58:12 PM »
As Orion said, since we don't know what you're shooting now, it's hard to know what differences you might notice.

In general, however, comparing two otherwise equal bows, the 58” bow might not draw quite as smoothly as the 60” bow, and because of the increased finger pinch, might not have quite as clean a release.  That said, a 28” draw is within the design characteristics of a 58” bow, so the differences I noted should be minor.

The 58” bow will give you an inch more clearance in a ground blind, or with tree limbs, etc. in a tree stand.  It should be slightly faster than the 60” bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline bowmaster12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »
Currwnt bow is a 60 inch whisperstik mojo recurve made by jd lund out of Michigan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©