3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Setting a clicker  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Tdaniels

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Setting a clicker
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2021, 07:24:55 AM »
Thank you Sir , I’ll look that up

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2021, 07:58:41 AM »
I tried one a few times and can’t really describe what my problem was other than it seem to break my concentration on my shot or something. It seemed like a good idea to try as a draw length trainer but it wasn’t for me.

Offline 1Canvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 08:00:24 AM »
I don't know how most people use them.  But I use them the way I see olympic shooters use them.  Draw, hold at anchor, adjust sight picture as needed, expand until you hear the click & relax the string hand to let the arrow fly.

That’s how I used mine.

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2021, 06:24:24 PM »
I tried one a few times and can’t really describe what my problem was other than it seem to break my concentration on my shot or something. It seemed like a good idea to try as a draw length trainer but it wasn’t for me.

I usually make my best shots using the clicker in a more modified way.  Late in the draw, I set my gap or point the arrow where I want it to go and then just continue the draw all the way back.  If I stop the draw at anchor and then slowly try to regain that back tension, as I see olympic archers do, I tend to pluck the release more often.  The less I think about it, the better I do.  The longer it takes, the wider my groups get.  At least for now.  Next week, who knows?

I'd love to ditch the clicker completely.  But I can't seem to shoot the same without it.  It's a crutch but one that keeps me shooting.
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Offline TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 10:49:54 PM »
What makes a clicker break? I've shot the klickety klick clicker for ten years on all my bows and don't recall ever having a part break. I replace the string that comes with them to no stretch but haven't got away from the adjustable chain yet. I would like to do that
"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 06:02:22 PM »
What makes a clicker break? I've shot the klickety klick clicker for ten years on all my bows and don't recall ever having a part break. I replace the string that comes with them to no stretch but haven't got away from the adjustable chain yet. I would like to do that

I've been using D-loop cord for about 5 years.  I like that there's no metal slapping against the limb.  Much quieter & doesn't ding up the limb.  I usually replace it a couple times a year.  This year is an exception -- 3 replacements.  May have it figured out.

I recently saw that somebody else uses braided fishing line.  Might have to try it if I have to keep replacing D-loop every 200 shots.
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Offline Mark Zagrzebski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 09:00:06 AM »
Hello,

Just wondering if anybody could send me the link for the clickers that Shug is using.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark

Online PrimitivePete

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 06:52:13 PM »
Best advice regarding a clicker is the following, if your form is not set in stone, going to a clicker will make your life a living hell. You need to be 100% consistent and ensure you have solid form. Otherwise you will trip the clicker too early, or fight through it. I've seen archers collapse their form to make it fit to the clicker, over expanding into their bow arm or chest. The best scenario is you draw to the same point consistently and the effort it takes to trip the clicker is minor and almost impossible to notice.

Offline styksnstryngs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2021, 05:33:26 PM »
I just want to clear up some info I saw that I can't quite agree with. I have a background as an Olympic style recurve archer, and a clicker is most definitely not set to click at full expansion. It is set to click almost at the very beginning of expansion. The better(read:more consistent) you are, the closer you can set the clicker to the very beginning of expansion. Watch the top archers shoot, and you can see about a millimeter or two of arrow tip underneath their clicker. That means that they only have to expand that 1 mm until the shot goes off. Now, most of us can't draw within a millimeter every time, so we have to set our clickers with some amount of tolerance. Just set your clicker so that you can pull through it as soon as you decide to start expansion from your anchor and hold, while making sure that you're not setting it too fine to the point where you are sometimes getting it to click before you're ready for the shot to go off. The expansion during the shot should be almost imperceptible to anyone watching. If you have your body expanded all the way before the shot goes off, there's nowhere to follow through to, and you're most likely going to have your chest stuck out and start getting chest and arm interference with the string.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2021, 09:24:51 PM »
Hello,

Just wondering if anybody could send me the link for the clickers that Shug is using.  My email is [email protected]

Thanks,
Mark

Same here please
[email protected]
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©