3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Morrison Archery = Customer Service  (Read 713 times)

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
Morrison Archery = Customer Service
« on: April 22, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
Well, what else can be said about Bob's bows that has not already been said. My wife bought me a Shawnee with longbow limbs last year for our anniversary. Awesome bow, as you know.

First off, let me advise you all to never leave your bow on the tonneau cover of your truck when you are done shooting.    :knothead:  

Needless to say, I left in a hurry here at night about a month ago. The next morning, I noticed an arrow at the bottom of our hill on the street. I laughed and thought, "Huh, someone has the same arrows as me". Well, I started to put 2 and 2 together and the sickness set in.

After searching the area, I found my rather expensive bow on the side of the road. I was fortunate that it slid off the road and it did not get run over. It was warm and dry that night too. She suffered some minor scuffs and scratches but was sound and still shootable.

I took the bow to the expo in St. Clairsville with my tail between my legs. Bob said no problem, if he couldn't buff the scratches on the glass, he'd just finish them black. I liked that option because I hunt out of a blind on occasion.

This was 9 days ago. My bow showed up today good as or better than new. You talk about customer service. The PA turkey season opens on Saturday. Perfect timing. Not that I didn't have another bow to hunt with    :D    but it was a huge surprise. Being an amateur bowyer, I don't buy many bows for myself. However, I will be dealing with Morrison Archery for many years to come.

Thanks again Bob, looking forward to those foam core carbon limbs.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Morrison Archery = Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
Bob's da Bomb!   :readit:  

Course, it probably didn't hurt that you were THE Brian Halbleib, publishing magnate.   :p
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Aggie1993

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »
You sure got that right!  Bob is da man.  He makes a truly awesome bow but his customer service, from my personal experience, is hard to beat.
Phil 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."

Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 51@28
Kempf Kwyk Styk 58" 54@28
Kempf Trophy Hunter 58" 51@28

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 03:04:00 PM »
Bob is one person I have no qualms about dealing with. Even before he knew that I am a Beloved Icon of the Internet, and a celebrated international celebrity, he treated me with patience and respect. No mean feat!  :eek:  Matter o' fack, it is I who caused him some dismay and worry one fun-filled day in Baltimore. He tolerated my pranks rather well, and still accepts my money. (Cash.  :saywhat:  )

He is a gentleman in the truest sense of the word, a master craftsman, and humble as the rest of us oughta be. All in all, a very good example of what a human bean can be. And no, I don't get squat for putting in a plug for him. But a girl can dream...  :rolleyes:  

Killdeer  :wavey:  Hi Bob!
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
Great stuff!
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 04:02:00 PM »
Yep, Bob goes out of his way to take care of his customers... Don't know how he covers all his bases...

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 07:55:00 PM »
I sent Bob a set of Arapaho limbs from a Shawnee that I told him I'd bought second-hand.  I needed a 2-3 lb. reduction and he said he'd  see what he could do.  I received a package within a couple weeks... a beautiful left-handed riser.  When I called Bob he replied "I know where your limbs are, California"! The packing labels had inadvertently been switched.  I returned the riser(being a rightie made the decision easier) and my limbs arrived in a few days.  When I asked Bob what I owed him for his services, he quoted a ridiculously low amount that I will not share as I don't know what his current rates are.  Let's just say that when I pointed out that it would not even cover the shipping where those limbs had been, he replied "it was my mistake, not yours"!  Killie evidently gets them same rate for shameless plugs that I do, the best customer service in the business! (And I'm sure Bob's probably paying somebody with good eye sight to do his shipping labels now...LOL)
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:59:00 PM »
And Bob was talking about extreme FOC 4 years ago....he was using 300 grains up front, I remember lots of folk thinking it was odd.  He was the pioneer of extreme FOC way before the term even existed.

Howdie Bob!      :wavey:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
Those 300 gr. broadheads he was showing at PBS will soon be available.  I was at his shop this morning and we were discussing those and JC's boys' foamcore limbs that he was working on.  Sorry Joe, we went out to breakfast so those limbs are going to be at least a day behind schedule.  Snake skins on those black limbs would really set them off.  Bob had three or four different sets of limbs he was in the process of skinning....beautiful work.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
Yeah Dick....I'm waiting to see the final head configuration.  I like the width of the one I have(early prototype), and at one point they were narrowing it quiet a bit.  Hope they put it back close to were it was....great hog head in the making for sure.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
Bob and his bows are definatly top notch!!! I was at his shop 2 weeks ago. I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about with these foam cores. Well I found out, they are awesome!!! I didn't think twice about ordering a Shawnee with foam cored Dakota limbs. I also can't wait to tryout that new broadhead.

Bill

Offline Horne Shooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
Hey Rabbitman...one of those sets was mine! I talked to Bob this afternoon and my new limbs are due to ship in the next day or so.
Live every day like its your last, one day you'll be right.

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2008, 06:19:00 AM »
Congrats Horne Shooter...I believe there were four pairs of skinned limbs and it was hard to say which looked the best, so your going to be pleased.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2008, 06:45:00 AM »
Yep, Bob is the man! I own two of his bows and they will never leave my hands and most of you know me, I go through a lot of bows so that says something about his bows also.

Danny
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
One of the great things about Bob is if you have one of his bows, even if you didn't buy it from him, he takes the time to answer your questions and treats you like you bought it from him and not a red-headed stepchild so to speak.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2008, 06:17:00 PM »
I've been trying to find a stock shawnee that would work for me.  Really wanted one for turkey season, but didn't work out...Mike

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 08:26:00 PM »
Not only that...He's a heck of a Rattlesnake shot too  ;)  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2008, 10:54:00 AM »
I have two bows that I'm totally happy with, but   :banghead:  when I hear things like this about Bob, it makes me want to get happier   :biglaugh:  

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
Yery patient with my questions.  I will be ordering again soon.
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
I have four...still not enough!
Killdeer  :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©