3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The hidden cost of archery  (Read 4045 times)

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: The hidden cost of archery
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2020, 07:58:23 AM »
simplified version; I have a couple friends who had nothing but one or two bows and that's it! you would only see them with that one bow year after year always the same arrows too,  these guys never needed anything they'd use the same climbers and clothes year after year  and never upgraded anything unless something was broke.. so their hunting licenses and extra doe tags, gas, food, camp costs and that's it!   

I blew a lot of money I shouldn't have,,  if I stayed with one bow and had maybe two as backups  BUT NO I needed 10 dozen different arrows for each of the 10 recurves I always had , I needed  5 climbing stands, 4 expensive portable stands with ladders or steps  that could never stay in trees or they'd get stolen, longbows I needed 25 and selfbows yeah I need 12 but those are special I'd still buy them if rare ones came along, I need 15 wool jackets, 40 packs of broadheads and 30 knives and the list goes on and on and on.. 

« Last Edit: December 27, 2020, 08:44:26 AM by Tajue17 »
"Us vs Them"

Offline George Tsoukalas

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2020, 10:01:54 AM »
I make my own self bows for me and mine only. I make my own arrows (shafts and all) for me and mine only. I buy feathers and points.  Jawge

Online Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »
I've had phases. Once I had used equipment and mismatched arrows. Then progressed through spending way too much time and money on shafts and new bows. Now my funds go towards property and improving property for deer. I currently have no desire to experiment with new bows and arrows. I just want one good set up that is the same every year. I shoot less. I need a bow with less draw weight. Damn there it is again. Needing another bow!
Tedd

Online Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2020, 08:22:34 AM »
I make my own self bows for me and mine only. I make my own arrows (shafts and all) for me and mine only. I buy feathers and points.  Jawge

I have to admit since I first met George he did just that,, I don't think I ever saw him with a custom bow or arrows.   George I want to come up sometime when your making bows I want to make one more good one with reflexed limbs, Paul dropped off and never got to teach me. 
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©