3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tom Parsons,Kim-Sha Archery  (Read 5011 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Tom Parsons,Kim-Sha Archery
« on: December 27, 2020, 11:09:34 AM »
I just saw on another site that Tom lost his battle with cancer !!  Nice guy, great bowyer and a fun guy to talk to. May he Rest In Peace .....
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tom Parsons,Kim-Sha Archery
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 11:44:42 AM »
He was a nice guy, a good musician, and made some nice bows. :archer2:

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 12:48:54 PM »
My thoughts and prayers for the Parson family :pray:

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 01:40:46 PM »
Many years ago when I was transitioning from wheels to stickbows, I met Tom at a shoot in Michigan. We ended up shooting the range together and he spent a lot of time helping me with my shooting, my form in particular. The next summer he looked me up at Cloverdale to ask me how things were going. We went to the practice range where we spent a few hours. He had changed over to shooting left handed due to a shoulder injury and as I am a lefty, he felt I could help him out! LOL!! Tom finished in the top 3 and he may well have won his class!
That's the kind of man Tom was was though. Always willing to help a guy out and take his time with a greenhorn. Over the years we would visit at different traditional events and talk bows, family and faith. Great man who will be missed by many...RIP brother
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 02:30:05 PM »
RIP.  Prayers to family and loved ones.  He did build a fine bow.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
One of the good guys. We are losing this generation of traditional bowhunters too quickly. I'll miss visiting with Tom at Compton and the other shoots. He was a good ole boy with LOTS of wisdom to share. He had a great heart. I'll never forget his story of the bear guide in Canada and the "Whiiisssskkkkeeeyyyy!".

RIP Tom.

R

Offline Ghost Dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 08:01:06 PM »
Tom was a friend. I hadn't kept in close contact lately. He had so many, many health challenges and surgeries. He just seemed to keep going no matter what. When I didn't get a Christmas card from him this year I felt that something was off, but I didn't know he was so ill. I feel terrible for not knowing.

Bisch

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 08:49:55 PM »
RIP!!!

Bisch

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2020, 11:02:01 AM »
Tom was a great guy, and a gentleman.  He was a great Sponsor of Tradgang as well.  He sold many bows here as he worked the Sponsors Classifieds regularly.

He was a gem to talk to on the phone and in camp. I will miss him.

God speed Tom.  :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline RJonesRCRV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2020, 09:38:38 PM »
Man thats sad to hear.  I live 30 minutes from Tom, and had been meaning to get up there for a while but with COVID, work and a newborn in the house, just haven't had much of a chance.  I think the last I stopped by was in June or July when I bought an Asbell jacket and some other small odds and ends; I usually brought a bow along to shoot a few into his hay bales behind the shop with him if he was up to it.  He was always fun talking to and never hesitated to help me with my shooting.
Kimsha Mattawoman II 51#
Dale Phillips Nodebow 58#
Kimsha 'Boo Bow 56#
USMC 2005-2010

Online Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2020, 06:25:08 AM »
Sad news.  Did not know him well but when we did talk seemed like a great guy. Prayers to his family
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline LCJ-CSA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2021, 08:03:50 PM »
I once drug a hog out of a swamp for Tom many many years ago when I ran into him by accident deep in the woods.  He gave me a wool hunting shirt for helping him out.  He would not take "no thanks, not necessary" for an answer.  That night around the fire was my first taste of tang with whiskey.  Great memories.  Tom will be missed. 

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
Tom was a friend. He was one of those rare individuals that you may meet once in a lifetime. We had some good times shooting together and singing together. I will miss him.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »
Only met him once, at ATAR in West Virginia. He was a vendor there, and impressed me greatly as an honest and sincere man. Sorry to see such as Tom leave us behind. Hard to fill a gap like that.
Impossible, really.
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2021, 09:17:23 AM »
 :pray: :pray:

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2021, 07:05:49 PM »
Prayers to all affected by Mr. Parsons passing.

He was an excellent bowyer with years of experience, especially with longbows. Had he trained anyone (family, friend) to carry on his legacy?

I of course feel bad for loved ones left behind, but I always think of all the knowledge and experience that people take with them when they leave this life.

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2021, 05:51:40 PM »
TTT

Offline Mighty Big Country

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2021, 11:29:20 AM »
Tom was a wonderful guy.  I got to know him well at Cloverdale when he was traveling with GFred.

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2021, 01:25:25 PM »
Thoughts and Prayers to family and loved ones.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Online JC Jr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 07:34:22 AM »
Thomas “TP” Clifford Parsons, Jr., 77, of Charlotte Hall, MD passed peacefully on Saturday, December 26th, 2020, after a long fight with cancer.  He was born February 5th, 1943 in Washington D.C. to the late Thomas C. Parsons, Sr. and Donna Vee Conyers.  He was one of six (6) children.

Tom proudly enlisted in the US Army in March, 1960. He served his country and family proudly and was honorably discharged March, 1963. Tom returned home and met his best friend and love of his life, Dorothy E. Salmon Parsons. They were married on May 21st, 1966. They shared 54 joyful years together.

T om was a hard-working, passionate man. He worked tirelessly as the owner of Aquarius Printing.  In retirement he  added his next love, archery. To Tom is wasn’t a job, it was his passion. He enjoyed archery and became a master-craftsman that made both bows and historical longbows. Tom was a lifetime member of the Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland, Pope and Young, PBS and Compton Bowhunters.  Tom, also was a musician, and could be found strumming on his guitar and singing to anyone that would listen. He often performed in the 1st Baptist Church of Laplata, some hospice events, and at the Rite Notes guitar store in Charlotte Hall. Tom was a man of many talents but what he truly loved was the Lord, he spent hours every day studying his bible, and spending time with his family. They say the true legacy of man is through the eyes of his family and that legacy will shine through the generations.

Tom is survived by his wife, Dorothy E. Parsons of Charlotte Hall, MD, his son, Michael Shane Parsons of Charlotte Hall, MD, his daughter, Kimberly Ann  (Tim) Williams of Ruther Glen, VA, his brother William K. Parsons (Brenda) of Strausburg, VA, his sisters, Ginger Wood  (Bruce) of  Gordinsville, VA, Beverly Sams (Dewey) of Cross Junction, VA, Linda Johnson (Merle) of Tavares, FL, and Mary Freeman (Gregg) of Woodstock, GA,  and their four (4) grandchildren, Jacob, Gabrielle, Josephine and Logan. Tom is preceded in death by his parents Thomas Clifford Parson, Sr. and Donna Vee Miles, and his sister Robin Parsons.

Condolences to the family may be made at www.brinsfieldfuneral.com

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to any of Tom’s favorite charities:  St Jude’s Children's Hospital, Wounded Warriors, and Bolder Crest Retreat.
"Archery is really very simple. You just have to do the exact same thing on every shot"
Bill Leslie, July 22, 2017

"Form is everything."
Al Cole, June 7, 2008

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©