3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: about to give up!  (Read 428 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: about to give up!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »
Blank bale shoot for a while. Get about five yards from the target and then focus on grip, drawing to anchor, back tension and getting a clean release. Don't worry about where the arrows hit for now, learn what a good shot should feel like and get it programmed into your muscle memory. Then you can start worrying about the tuning segment of the program. Get your form down and the details that work for you mastered and accuracy will follow and changing bows will be much less challenging.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Get a few yards from the target and close your eyes to shoot, dont worry about where you hit. Really helps you feel your form. Although I dont shoot exactly as he described Fred Asbells first book on instinctive shooting helped me,I think more than anything it made me think about my shooting form.
Mike
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2008, 09:56:00 AM »
loose the target and learn YOUR shot.Without the target you won't get frustrated about not hitting, frustration only breeds frustration.

If you can shoot you'll be able to hit,Korean's don't get a target for a yr if I remember correclty and they whip us in the olympics

Once ya learn to shoot.....AIM how you do that is another subject entirely LOL good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline pjsnell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
You can also try shooting a tennis ball around the yard with one rubber blunt tipped arrow.  I find that when my accuracy is failing, it is mostly due to lack of focus.  Sometimes it's
hard not to look at the whole target, instead of picking a spot.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
Do just like some of them said, start close to the target, and work your way back, make sure your arrows are tuned to the bow, make sure your brace ht. is where it should be,

This is really going to sound stupid, but when I'm practicing, or shooting for a while, I get in my head that I have " a grizzly bear " in front of me, that's what I invision as my target, I focus on one arrow at a time, I never shoot more than three, but "the grizzly bear" really makes me concentrate, because actually, you are only going to get one-shot.  And that's all you need, one good shot after another, not 200 of them, maybe 10 or 12 a one a day. But the " grizzly bear" works for me.

The key thing, it's made me do, is focus, and you need to focus on what you can do, not what you are not doing right, focus on the things that you are doing right, and work on it, they will become stronger, and your weaknesses will become weaker.

One other thing I did, I purchased a Bob Lee, and a "whip" my grip is always the same on both of them.  And that is very important.

It's taken me about three years to get to the point where I'm at.  I was mediocre until I started focusing,

By the way, I did go back to compound in between those three years, and then I made the full choice, I purchased to compound in October 2007, " just in case" I used it maybe five times, it was in my closet for about three to four months, I SOLD it a month ago, best choice I ever made.

I work in a bow shop, so far, but I hear all the stories about the gizmos break-in, and are not cheap.  In fast sometime in yourself and your bow, you won't regret it.

One other thing, make sure you're not over Bowing yourself !

Pastor Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©