3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toughest carbon arrows?  (Read 3809 times)

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toughest carbon arrows?
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 06:19:23 PM »
Nobody using the Gold Tip Traditionals?Thats all Ive been using for awhile now and have had petty good luck out of them.Actully been using the blems with no problems.I dont know how tough they are compared to the others listed but I think the carbon express inserts and nocks will fit them also if you have some of them you need to use up...
When the buffalo are gone,we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and want our freedom.(Chief Sitting Bull)

Offline Baylee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 08:37:18 PM »
I shoot a lot of wood arrows but the only carbons I mess with are the gold tip Traditional XT. Very consistent in spine and weight. I’ve shot them into just about everything from stumps to deer and hogs. I’ve had a couple shots go thru a target and into a metal building or wood fence, never broke one. In the years I’ve used them hitting one with another arrow was the only time I’ve damaged one.

Offline Bullchaser1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2021, 09:01:23 PM »
I’ve been shooting the gold tip traditional classic xt arrows for many years. Killed elk, turkeys and countless deer. Haven’t broke one yet on an animal or year round stump shooting.  The ballistic collar keeps the end from mushrooming, and it’s  a fairly heavy shaft that comes with stainless steel inserts. I think my finished arrows are 610 grains.
60” Widow PsaIII 63#
58” Widow PchX  62#

Online evgb127

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2021, 11:27:16 PM »
I am also a fan of Gold Tip Traditional Classics with the ballistic collar.  They are heavy, have a small diameter, and you can buy blems for a reasonable price.  They take a beating for sure.
-EVG

Offline jpyoung

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2021, 09:39:13 PM »
I really like the Easton Axis with pink fletching from 3Rivers.  They are plenty tough.  The small 9/32” diameter gives me really good penetration on deer and I am shooting a 45# Black Widow PA. Before I bought a bunch of arrows, I got the bare shaft test kit and that really helped me tune my set up.

Online Mad Bear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2021, 03:36:15 AM »
Easton axis arrow with an ironwill impact collar. I screw the insert to the broadhead and direct bond the whole system together with hot melt. Never had any issues since using collars.

Before I switched to collars I was breaking axis arrows. I shoot a heavier bow and I was chipping the ends of the carbon without collars.

Online Clj

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2021, 07:00:53 AM »
Has anyone had issues with the finish on Beman Centershots chipping? I recently picked up a dozen and shot a bareshaft into a basically new Bag target. After about 5-10 shots, I noticed the finish was flaking off roughly an inch from the back of the insert. There is one area that looks a touch deeper down to the darker carbon fibers, like you’d expect if you shot a tight group and the area was grazed by a field point. I would have written it off as such if I hadn’t been shooting a single bare shaft.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©