3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LIBERTY BOWS!  (Read 659 times)

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
LIBERTY BOWS!
« on: April 24, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
I am getting a Liberty Contender in a day or two from a fellow tradgang member. can someone post some pics of theirs?? or give me any lil tid bits of info on the bows? this one is 55# and 62", black glass with overlays and cocobolo...and i think im starting to like these longbows better than recurves...dont know why:)
BRANDON B.
Hoyt Gamemaster II 52# @ 26"
Bear Kodiak Magnum 50# @ 26"

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: LIBERTY BOWS!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »
I have a 66" takedown that I purchased from another member and absolutely love it! I don't know how the 62" will feel but the 66" is very smooth and quite fast for the poundage, no handshock at all, and quiet. The bows came with a FF+ string on them, but I changed mine to D97 and it works much better. Alan is a great bowyer, and it shows - flawless workmanship! Congrats on a fine bow. You won't be disappointed.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
I have 66 and 68 English Elite my favorite longbows..you'll love it..  :)
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 03:07:00 PM »
I have a 62" Chief that I love......OK, I have 2 Liberty longbows......OK, I have three, but who's counting!  :bigsmyl:  My favorite longbow, made by a great bowyer.
Mel Riley

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
i'm sure i'm going to like it. dont know why i never came across one sooner. anyone with pics?!  :)
BRANDON B.

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
by the way, i know its personal preference...but what quiver do you guys use on them?? im thinking about the eagle flight 3 arrow...i use the 4 arrow on my 3 piece southern draw.
BRANDON B.

Offline Bard1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 03:30:00 PM »
I have a liberty chief elite that I got right from Allen's bow shop.  He's a great guy, honest as an arrow, and one hell of a good shot with a long bow!  He dominates the Pope and Young shoot in Oregon every year.  His bows are all great bows, you can be assured that they are all shooters.  I love the bow I have and it's quiet.  It's the bow I am using for testing arrow feather noise.  
D-
got arrows?

Offline osage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
I have a Contender and it is a sweet shooter. I have a question for SpankyNeal, how did it improve the bow with the D97 string over the fastflite.I don't know how to do pictures here.

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »
The bow had a very (and I mean very) small amount of handshock (vibration) at the shot. The D97 eliminated that completely and added 7 fps to boot, and still quiet. Pete Ward found the same thing with the Chief he reviewed on his website. Overall feel and performance were much improved, but every bow is different so experimentation with the different string materials is your best bet in finding the one your bow likes best.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »

Here's my baby - Cocobolo and Yew. Love it!!! That's a Selway quiver which works well. Allen told me he personally uses a Great Northern Adjustable on his bows. Sorry the picture turned out too dark.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »

This one is better.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 07:48:00 AM »

Allen has some great Yew.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

Offline osage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 08:07:00 AM »
SpanyNeal,  Thanks for the tip, that is a nice bow you have there.

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
nice bows!!
BRANDON B.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 08:01:00 PM »
shot both a take down Contender and English last month.  I have both in one piece models-I almos thad to buy that two piece contender, still might.....There are lots of great bowyers out there, but Allen always goes the distance and then some.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2008, 06:00:00 AM »
guys and girls......
i've got my third Liberty English waiting for at home. it'll be my second t/d . this one is all yew clear glass 68" 50# @ 27"...these are sweet shooters!!!! my others are one pce yew w/ ebony riser and 1 t/d stained 'boo.
i love these bows!!!!!!

cheers

ben
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline bailebr3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 06:11:00 PM »
i called today about getting another liberty and allen isnt building bows. he said he has another job opportunity that requires moving...but he will start back up. i hope its not long b/c i would like another....i am still tuning arrows on this contender but it truly does shoot where im looking. but i'm also wondering what arrow to settle with?? what do you guys think...54#@28"...i draw 26" so i'm pulling around 48#...i would like to know if i should shoot around 8gpp or heavier?
BRANDON B.

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
Allen was here a couple weeks ago and offered that he was not only changing jobs, but locations.  He will be back building bows as soon as he gets settled-maybe a couple of months. My English was spinning broadheads too pretty this weekend......I thought someone else was shooting it!
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2008, 11:41:00 PM »
At 48# I would probably go with some carbons, say Trad Lites or Sitkas or other comparable shaft, and tune it up for 480-550 grains with a good cut on contact two blade head. Deadly on Deer, Turkey and eater size Hogs.
Ken "Spanky" Neal

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

Offline Anvil

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 08:55:00 PM »
Ebony and yew:

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.      Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them.
Psalm 127:3-4

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©