3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TBOF State Championship  (Read 1498 times)

Offline KG

• Trad Bowhunter
TBOF State Championship
« on: February 24, 2021, 12:40:42 PM »
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida will be hosting our State Championship on March 5- 7, 2021. This event will take place in the beautiful Ocala National Forest at the FWC Conservation Camp in Silver Springs, FL. More info on our Facebook page or our website; www.tbof.org. There are no cabins or bunkhouses available to rent at this time. We have primitive camping and RV camping available on a first-come-first- serve basis. A food vendor will be on site. Bear Archery, Big Jim, Adventure Archery, Omnivore's Homestead and Quivers and Treadway bows will be some of the vendors attending. Hope to see you there.
Kevin

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: TBOF State Championship
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 01:29:17 PM »
Sounds awesome!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 05:04:12 PM »
KG, when you say no cabins or bunkhouses will be available, does this mean they are all rented, or does it mean they will be closed down due to covid restrictions?
Sam

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 01:35:18 PM »
I am looking forward to it. Gonna bring another cheese head along with me. Always a good time.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 08:05:58 AM by Greg Szalewski »
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Bisch

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 07:03:40 PM »
Y’all have fun! I’ll be chasing javies that weekend.

Bisch

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 04:37:17 PM »
My wife and I will be there early Thursday to help set up. We haven't been to a shoot since this one last year. Can't get here soon enough!

Offline KG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2021, 05:25:16 AM »
KG, when you say no cabins or bunkhouses will be available, does this mean they are all rented, or does it mean they will be closed down due to covid restrictions?

Sam,

The cabins and bunkhouse have all been rented. I've talked to William and Janie at FWC and they both said social distancing will be enforced where applicable. Cabins, tents, and campers are private and up to the occupants to enforce.

Hope to see ya there.

Kevin

Offline KG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2021, 05:32:46 AM »
I am looking forward to it. Gonna bring another cheese head along with me. Always a good time.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Kevin

Offline KG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 05:37:27 AM »
My wife and I will be there early Thursday to help set up. We haven't been to a shoot since this one last year. Can't get here soon enough!

That's great. Don't forget the low country boil Thursday night for the volunteers and vendors. See ya Thursday!

Kevin

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2021, 10:37:21 AM »
Thanks KG. As it turns out, I got an invite to stay in one of the rented bunkhouses. I'm looking forward to a fun weekend. It will be good to see a lot of old friends again.
Sam

Offline Reekus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 06:59:24 PM »
Question for KG,
Is there going to be a place for individuals to place bows for sale?, I have a couple I need to display.

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 08:24:02 PM »
There are usually bows lined up on a table inside the front door, no idea how they get there???
I had a few I thought about bringing but then decided I couldn't part with any of them. I always regret selling most bows for some reason or another.
Any of yours lefties?

Offline Reekus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:16 PM »
Nope, right hand

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2021, 06:54:01 PM »
Going to stop in for a bit Saturday morning!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2021, 06:46:29 PM »
Any pic’s or updates from the TBOF shoot?  Pic’s or it didn’t happen  :biglaugh:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Eric S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2021, 09:01:49 AM »
We had a great weekend!

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2021, 11:21:47 AM »
I don't do many pics, but I had fun. My score card doesn't reflect much, though. I had a bit of a scare on Friday when my blood sugar went about as (scary) high as it has ever gone. I was very much affected and thought at one point I was going to have real trouble just getting back to camp. Luckily, I got rehydrated and ate lunch with a proper protein/carb balance and got much, much better after a bit of rest.

This has always been a favorite event since I started going about 2008. Venue is great and the people are even better. TBOF is a really good example of the trad bow family. Hopefully, scores will be posted. There are some really fine shooters there. It is worth the ride for you guys that live a long way away. I drive 6 hours and consider it worthwhile. They also have a Fall shoot in August. It is pretty hot, but I always try to go. Besides early archery season is very hot. As we say down South, "Y'all come!"
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©