3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bareshafts and Broadheads  (Read 655 times)

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Bareshafts and Broadheads
« on: February 25, 2021, 01:45:29 PM »
Yea or Nay...Just wondering who all shoots broadheads on bareshafts as part of there tuning?I dont and have no trouble with getting my broadheads to go where they are supposed too....Dont get me wrong I do broadhead tune just not on bare/NON fletched shafts.... :archer2:
When the buffalo are gone,we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and want our freedom.(Chief Sitting Bull)

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bareshafts and Broadheads
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 02:21:57 PM »
I tried to years ago.  I won't ever do that again!  The arrow dove hard left and buried a Ribtek into the side of my shed.  :o  I now just bareshaft with a field point because its just too dangerous.   
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 03:51:50 PM »
My FOC runs 16 to 19%.  I do it because it confirms if I have done my process okay, or really well. 
Too many are satisfied with "good enough".
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 01:25:17 AM »
Agree with Baylee and well thought out by the way.My arrows end up in the 16-19% front of center range but dont consider that xtreme.I hope no one thinks Im condeming any one for shooting broadheads with bareshafts because If I have learned anything over the years there is lots of different paths to getting the results we all long for.I strive for as perfect arrow flight as possible and never go with the "good enough" train of thought....

GCook, To say someone that doesnt shoot there broadheads with bareshafts are settling for "good enough" results is just silly...
When the buffalo are gone,we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and want our freedom.(Chief Sitting Bull)

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 01:27:00 AM »
Pretty well known as a no no!   :scared:
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©