3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Productive Covid Year...Reducing Bow Weight & Forging Knives  (Read 689 times)

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Productive Covid Year...Reducing Bow Weight & Forging Knives
« on: February 26, 2021, 01:34:32 PM »
Just finished up reducing weight on four old bows to just under 40#. That brings my total for the year to 38 bows reduced. Also forged up up a couple dozen knives this year. My wife & I just got our 2nd Pfizer Covid vaccinations allowing us to return home to the Boston area this June to see our family & grandkids. Plus with the Covid vaccine I'm going to start hunting some hogs on my south Georgia lease this spring. I haven't hunted since the early Covid lock down. Maybe some normalcy is on the horizon...tippit
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:57:11 PM by tippit »
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Productive Covid Year...Reducing Bow Weight & Forging Knives
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 02:42:24 PM »
How many bows have you reduced in weight in these few years?👍
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 03:06:01 PM »
Probably around 75. Plus a number of them I've reduced several times as I get older & weaker. Once I get the the big portion of the weight off, it's real easy to go back and take 2-3 pounds off with just a swipe or two from my knife grinder any time in the future :goldtooth:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 03:14:15 PM by tippit »
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 03:51:40 PM »
Reduced this Early John McCullough bow (before he was the bowyer for Shrew bows) this morning. Originally was one of my favorite deer bows...now it will be back in action for Georgia hogs. I only shoot up to 125 pound hogs anymore as my bow poundage is down and bigger hogs just don't taste good to me. Bow was originally 47#@27 now 37#@28. I try to keep the original weight and bowyer's signature if I can.

Forgot to say, I hate shiny bows limbs so I will spray paint just a dusting on the backs of my hunting bows. Since they are reduced in weight and I never sell a bow I've reduced...tippit

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 04:07:41 PM by tippit »
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©