3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: INSANE SHIPPING DELAYS!  (Read 4172 times)

Online jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: INSANE SHIPPING DELAYS!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2021, 05:53:16 PM »
I shipped a bow USPS Priority from Illinois to Pennsylvania on February 5th and it arrived today March 2. It was  “in transit” with no additional information from February 6 until March 1st.  I had dealt with the buyer before and he was incredibly understanding and patient.  May try FedEx next time.
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 06:11:47 PM »
Terry, if you want to come to love UPS, try FedEx for a while.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2021, 06:42:11 PM »
A lot of reasons exist for delays, but I think one of the major problems is simply a lack of concern on the part of the deliverers for providing good customer service.
Sam

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2021, 06:45:09 PM »
Just a thought why COVID may be impacting so many folks.  My local post office tells me the protocol they have been asked to follow for screening employees creates real staffing problems.  I may not have all the details right, but this is my current understanding.

Each day each employee must be screened.  They check several 'symptoms', including temperature.  As an example, if a person has an elevated temperature, they are not allowed to report to work.  They are sent home.  If temperature remains elevated for two more days, they are asked to see a physician and get a COVID test with results coming back in 1-2 days.  So at a minimum, a high temperature and a negative COVID test would keep the person out of work for 3-4 days.  If they have been exposed to a person with COVID, they have to self quarantine for two weeks and have a negative COVID test before being allowed to come back to work.

There are several other elements, but I think you get the idea.  Local postmaster tells me in late 2020 they were trying to run the business with 35-40% of the staff out due to failed screening.  Since the first of the new year, things have improved.  Now, the typical shift staffing is down about 20%.

First class mail is top priority.  Packages, regardless of shipping method are lowest priority.  So the 'new' normal really does mess up shipments.  The 'old' normal may not be back until early Summer.  I suspect similar issues are impacting UPS and FedEx.

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2021, 07:31:43 PM »
Everything that I've ordered has been showing up right on time. Haven't had any delays.

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2021, 08:08:48 PM »
I’ve been using UPS or FedEx for last 6 months.  USPS has you at there mercy and I have looked at tracking for USPS and it boggles my mind where package goes.  FedEx and UPS have been on time
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2021, 08:19:42 PM »
Everything I have shipped/received UPS since covid hit a year ago has arrived with  good tracking in 2 or 3 days.Quite a few packages.

I started using them when I ship.I had bad experiences with USPS.I had one bow take 2 weeks,one take 5 weeks and another take a whopping 7 weeks.With no tracking essentially.Some did arrive close to on time USPS recently sent to me as customer wanted to ship USPS.

Hopefully it clears up in the not too distant future.I never had issues with USPS before Covid.I do prefer to use them to support them.Thier typically cheaper than UPS,FED-X.I am waiting for things to get better with USPS and will resume using them.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »
Oh THIS is motivational! :knothead:
Thanks for the bashing. Gotta be asleep in 20 minutes so I can get up at 4:30 to go to work as your beloved mailma’am.  :knothead:

Nobody screening me.
Red-headed stepchild of America. :deadhorse:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2021, 08:36:54 PM »
Where the heck is "in Transit"- been there for the last 4 days, must be a popular resort or something.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline DV of WI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2021, 08:41:40 PM »
If you think its bad on the outside try it from the inside. No,  its not good but I am no longer in the small package world and deal with larger shipments. Kind of like constipation from the weather it is all backed up. Everyone sitting at home on their computers basically has made it like peak season Oct to Nov 31 every day for small package. At least it has kept the economy alive and the FedEx and UPS are making significant returns for the investors. Seems we must be way more productive working from home since we have that much more time to shop on line.

Bisch

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2021, 08:55:16 PM »
Yes!

Bisch

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2021, 08:59:24 PM »
Killdeer, seems I recall you deliver mail to residential mail boxes... is that correct?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2021, 09:08:37 PM »
I work for a truck load carrier and get my ass chewed daily because drivers are running an hour late.

But had a 2 day priority Christmas package of banana bread show up 60 days late and moldy. I guess I should have ruined someone's day instead of laughed
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2021, 09:43:00 PM »
About a year ago I bought a weld mask from a US welding supplies company. They wouldn't ship to Australia and it was the only place I could find that particular mask so I had them ship it to a friend in OH who would then send it to me.
It made it to my friend no problems but then took 8 weeks to leave the US. Once it left it seemed to take the normal time it takes for stuff from the US.

Australia post is no different. I sent a parcel express to Brisbane which is 3hrs drive away. It took 2 weeks and went via Melbourne. Like sending something from LA to San Fran and it goes via Houston TX.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline InFamousElGuapo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2021, 10:14:35 PM »
I just shipped a bow from Texas to Kansas via UPS. It made it in 2 days but cost me 92 dollars with insurance...WTH???
Toeke whip
Sarrels blueridge longbow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2021, 10:31:21 PM »
Well Folks, I gotta say.....

Friday, I called Big Jim's to check on my new Mag-handle that I was on the "list" for since last Sept.
A very pleasant young lady (who's name evades me) informed me that she "was just about to call me" and if I was ready to make the payment, she would "hurry up and get it ready cuz the guy hasn't made the pickup yet".
Now, this was about 1:30pm Friday afternoon...

At 12:40 Monday afternoon, the mailman was dropping the box on my porch!!
That's pretty darn quick in my book! Then again.... Maybe I just got lucky??  :dunno:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2021, 04:51:49 AM »
Delivering mail to mail boxes sounds easy. Yesterday I delivered a “kitchen island with iron handle.” And the flimsy boxes with the slidey forty-five pounds of dog food. And all the bed frames that Amazon doesn’t want to trouble their drivers with.

Now, I am not saying that everybody in the industry has a stellar work ethic. But most of us are humans like you, and get their feeling of self worth by looking back at a day’s job well done.

Threads like this shouldn’t be allowed under the skin. They are honest gripes being launched at faceless entities. It is easy to sit at your computers and complain about how a job is being done or not done. Especially if you have never done it.

But I admit, I take them personally, and now, with my attitude duly jaundiced, I prepare to go serve my adoring public.

Unless you park close to the mail box. So there! :readit:
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2021, 08:21:02 AM »
Kathryn, my dear sister.... You can be my mailma'am anytime!!!!  :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 09:09:09 AM »
That's not what I meant.... that being said, YOU are not the problem with the USPO, neither is my mail man.  You are taking it personal and its not directed at you or those employees at all.  It may be faceless to you,  but its FACT to many that the post office is a disaster and has been for months.  Again, my mail man is great.  And I'm sure you are too.

I never blame the waitress for the screw ups in the kitchen.... so don't be offended by my post cause I'm not griping at mail box deliverers. :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2021, 10:18:07 AM »
Having shipped too many archery related items to count over the last 30 years, I have to say that I have had better luck with the USPS than I have with UPS or FEDEX. The only lost or damaged items that I've dealt with were with FEDEX. I sold a couple of longbows in PVC pipe with end caps that arrived at their destination with the pipe broken and the bows damage beyond repair. This was schedule 40 PVC, not the light weight drainage pipe!

As far as the shipping situation with the USPS now, I have no idea if this happened all over the US, but 2-3 years ago there was a "restructure" for better efficiency of the USPS here in Indiana. The government closed several of the "hubs", one was here in Terre Haute. Before this was done, if you mailed a letter or any item to a local address, it went to the Terre Haute hub and it usually arrived in one day. Now, if I choose to mail a birthday card to my neighbor across town, it goes to Indianapolis and then back to Terre Haute. At Christmas, packages mailed to local addresses took 5-7 days to reach their destination and packages mailed to my son in Tennessee arrived in 2-3 days. So much for better efficiency!
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©