3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: INSANE SHIPPING DELAYS!  (Read 4177 times)

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: INSANE SHIPPING DELAYS!
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2021, 11:04:00 AM »
I go to AZ every winter from my home in Washington state, it's about 1450 miles and if I drive without the wife I can make it in two days ... with the wife it takes three because we spend two nights on the road and drive shorter days. It takes about 5 tanks of gas at $50 a tank, one night stay on the road $110, and food about $75. So about $435 to go from WA to AZ, or $545 with the wife.

I just send my grandson a BD card from AZ to WA and it arrived in three days and cost 45 cents.

The USPS handles 181,900,000 First Class Mail daily ..... on average they process 19,700,000 and hour, 327,838 a minute and 5,464 a second. It's hard to comprehend those numbers but take a little time and think about it and then think about the logistics to get all those pieces of mail to their destination. Even with the occasional delay it's pretty amazing.
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2021, 11:22:09 AM »
Ken,.... it's not been a problem until about 3 months ago... I had very few problems over the years, but now the wheels have fell off.  Hence my and many other's frustration as of late.  UPS is not even giving money back on next day air failures now, and I'm a victim as of yesterdays non delivery of Next Day Air was delivered today.  No recourse or money back. What we are frustrated about is what is happening now, not in the past.

Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2021, 11:36:00 AM »
Here in SA TX at my local PO there has been little slow down.  If I use the larger PO down the road it's a different story.  That's just within SA TX.  I'm sure that with over 1 million people in town there are several PO's.  I had one package returned to me earlier in the Covid era that sat in the main branch downtown for 15 days!!!  So it all depends.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2021, 11:39:58 AM »
I don’t find the problems with USPS to be at the end destination, ie. the mailmen and mail ma’am that deliver to your house or place of business. Via tracking every time it says arrived at destination PO it gets delivered that day.

Rather the delays seem to be in how packages are routed from shipper to buyer. It is there where the “in transit” or proceeding “on to next destination” or arrived at xyz post office and it has no other tracking information for days. Or it goes to X post office, then to Y post office, then back to X post office, then on to Z post office and finally to destination post office and is delivered.

Having been a “mailman” delivering to country folk and businesses my motto was, when the mail was sorted to my work space/station I delivered it that day even if it was bulk mail that I had 3 more days to deliver. And parcels were just as important as first class mail. Mind you I was only part time rural carrier for 18+ years using my own vehicle to deliver over 440 mailboxes covering 128 miles daily. Left the Post Office in 2004 when First Class letters and Magazines was the majority of the mail volume and mail order/internet orders was in its infancy. These days I would think it’s almost reversed, at least based on our household.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2021, 01:59:55 PM »
It has been a mixed bag for me with USPS Priority Mail. Some shipments make it on schedule, and others get held up for a few extra days even when they arrive at the same distribution center on the same day as the package that is on schedule!
Chuck

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2021, 04:12:15 PM »
It's better than it was.  It took a month for a Hoyt Excel riser I bought last summer to go coast to coast.  I'd have "bet the farm" some postal worker had jacked that one because it came from someone they would have known what it was.....better late than never!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2021, 04:54:51 PM »
It's better than it was.  It took a month for a Hoyt Excel riser I bought last summer to go coast to coast.  I'd have "bet the farm" some postal worker had jacked that one because it came from someone they would have known what it was.....better late than never!

Not so for me and others that I have talked to, including Sponsors I've talked to about shipments being delayed.  Lucky for you sir.

Over 3 weeks late on a check I sent last month, and when it arrived he told me it was post marked the 17th and TOOK it to the post office on the 10th. 

3 more checks I send are 2 weeks our not delivered.

Check for bow I sold over 3 weeks for the check to arrive... on Friday last week

Sold another bow 3 days after the 1st one, and no check still.

Three Sponsor checks late by 3 weeks, and one a day over 2 weeks still not here.

Took over 2 weeks on a clothing Item I sold on the classifieds, and over 3 weeks on another.

That's just what's happened since the 1st of January. ........ its been a nightmare.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online STICKBENDER98

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2021, 05:18:21 PM »
I've had mixed results, I bought a bow from the classifieds last summer that went from eastern PA to Minnesota, then came back to Michigan, took about a month to get here.  :banghead:  I had some broadheads I bought from here take a couple weeks to get to me from Colorado.  Of late I've had good results, bought some boots that took about a week, and the bibs I got from you Terry were here in just a few days.  It can't be too bad in my area, between my daughter, and wife it seems like there are multiple packages, from different carriers arriving daily!!!!  :knothead:

Jason
Too many bows to list, and so many more I want to try!  Keep the wind in your face, and your broadheads sharp.

Offline gradymaci

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2021, 05:42:03 PM »
Why would we expect better service..They are Union so you can't be fired without a Grand Jury, There Broke to the tune of 9 billion last year, and they are the Postal service..If I ran my biz plan like there's well.. i would not have the money to be typing on this Mac.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2021, 05:48:50 PM »
Georgia is still delivering and counting all those mail-in ballots.  Oops, disregard...that just slipped out.  And I hear they're out of the red now delivering for Amazon!  Terry, if you have to shut down your own post....I understand, lol.
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2021, 07:09:13 PM »
I ship worldwide, about 85% domestic (Flat Rate Priority) and 15% international (1st Class), six days a week, and 99.9% of time it's with our US Post Office. 

You'd have to not ship as much as I do, or are living under a rock to not realize there's been an escalating problem with ALL shipping vendors since the Spring of last year.  Domestic priority used to be spot on with the USPS delivery times posted, but these dayze almost all of mine take between a week and a month.  International shipments to any continent now take two to six times longer. 

I get at least two incoming component vendor shipments to me a week, using USPS, FedEx or UPS.  Same exact delays. 

Worse yet, I'm now seeing domestic "lost packages" that I've rarely ever seen in the last 17 years.  I had a component shipment sent to me by a parts vendor in Florida and it took only 4 days to hit the FedEx hub that's 47 miles from me.  It's been "sitting" in that hub since February 15th.  FedEx has no clue what happened, as expected.  I go through this at least once a month with all shippers.  This is not fun ... and proof our economy is tanking big time.

As long as the world is being physically, emotionally and economically suppressed and depressed, this bad shipping trend will continue, just as will the mask wearing, social distancing, and lock downs.

PS - Good to see ya posting, Ms. Killdeer!  :wavey:  :campfire:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline thump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2021, 08:10:59 PM »
It's crazy, ordered an item from a supplier in Florida  estimated 3 days shipping. A month later it arrived, I tracked the package as it went all  the way to San Francisco California, just to get to Ohio.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:14 PM »
Insane volume. Hubs flooded. Yesterday, maybe 60 parcels. Today 200.
Everything in my working case goes out today. I cannot deliver what I do not have.

(I am a paint brush. No use slapping me upside a wall unless somebody gives me a drink at the bucket!)

Economy tanking? I don’t think so. We are going into massive debt, with shoring up those whose jobs have been eliminated. The relief checks? Lower the annual income level. I am working, qualify, but am fine without it.

It is not free money. It is our taxes. Given away.
It will need to be paid back, and then some, because we have operated on a deficit for decades.

This virus has taken so much from us. Our loved ones, our livelihoods, our confidence, our freedom. Yet, this has taken only a fraction of what the toll was from the flu in 1918. We need to buck up, batten down, or whatever cliche’ you choose, and be tough enough to do what we can every day to make life work.

There is no alternative. Scrape, dream, strive. This is war of a different kind. This is a war that we can win. And it is 3/4 won. Hang in there, friends.

Killdeer
Did I just hear Ethel Merman? :scared: :scared: :scared:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »
Ooops spoke too soon.  Waiting for some arrows from MO that are late.
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2021, 08:35:43 PM »
It's crazy, ordered an item from a supplier in Florida  estimated 3 days shipping. A month later it arrived, I tracked the package as it went all  the way to San Francisco California, just to get to Ohio.

I need more fangers and toez to count the number of times the same thing has happened to me in the last 10 months.

I had a Texas shipment travel to the Teeterboro NJ airport only to be shipped back out to MISSOURI.  That sight seeing journey wasted 9 more traveling days.  Naw, the screw ups aren't happening all the time, just lots more frequently.  It really is insane, these shipping dayze.

Offline hunting badger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2021, 11:10:32 PM »
I sent two bows the same day, same time, USPS priority! The one I sent from Alaska to Pennsylvania made it in four days, the one I sent to Montana two weeks ago still hasn't arrive!!! I ordered some 2" glass from Bingham they send it out the same day 12 days and counting!! The tracking thing is a joke, all they tell you is that its in transit!! Of course they blame Covid for everything but to me its just poor service!!! Everything was sent Priority which is suppose to arrive in 3 to 4 days not 3 or 4 weeks!!! Very aggravating !!

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2021, 12:31:19 AM »
I have had problems sending and receiving USPS mail for a year now. Other business have told me they have similar problems.  I have called the local USPS office at least eight times and never get any answers. I received one Certified Return receipt six months have sending it. The problem has hit many companies, several major retailers have stopped taking returns. The problems are not limited to USPS, UPS, FedEx, or FedEx ground which was sold to another company, but continues to operate.  :banghead: :deadhorse: :knothead:  I have noticed several new companies that have jumped in to handle deliveries.

I prefer to  send USPS Priority Mail, insured after taking a picture of the items shipped, and putting a second shipping label inside. Ever wonder why Amazon has their own delivery vans?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2021, 06:10:34 AM »
Mailed a baptism card to my nephews son who lives a mile away from me and it took 2 weeks to get there.

I gave away 4 stone arrowhead necklaces to 4 ladies on another site. 3 of the ladies received their packages within 4 days. It took over a month for the 4th lady to receive hers. The gals lived in  4 different states.

I think problems are territorial and not every where.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2021, 06:14:26 AM »
... Economy tanking? I don’t think so. We are going into massive debt, with shoring up those whose jobs have been eliminated. The relief checks? Lower the annual income level. I am working, qualify, but am fine without it.  ...

Any country, nation, whatever, depends on communications and shipping.  Those are the cornerstones of free market.  As they go, so does the economy.  We have a major economic issue in the USA that gets worse with every pen stroke of the current administration's dumb-as-a-box-of-rocks "leader", and as supported by insane States that are as tyrannical as the CCP.

The "relief" dollars just throw us all out with the bath water as our great grandchildren will be paying back that nonsense four fold and the dollar is yet again greatly devalued.  What a great way to kill the USA.  Specially since the vast majority of that "package" is political pork, and a good portion of those billions are going overseas.

So yeah, it all goes back to the economy.  It's the essence of what we are.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2021, 06:47:27 AM »
Preach on brothers (and sisters), preach on....and I thought I'd be banned by today, lol!  Where was everybody back in November?  Killie, wait until you see the workload in 2024, when the Dems make sure mail is the only way we can vote.  One voter, one mailbox.  All you can stuff, what a great idea.....
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©