3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Blacktail  (Read 991 times)

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Blacktail
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2008, 09:48:00 AM »
Originally posted by wisconsin wood butcher:
NICE     :campfire:  
What specs and wood combo's and when will you get your's Wisconsin?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Grant Young

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2008, 05:11:00 PM »
Very pretty-congratulations TJ.    Grant

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »
I got mine last monthm 62 inches and 54@28, it likes 5575 gold tips and some cabelas stalker extreme 50/70 I think. A great shooting bow, I put it thru a chrono with some of my other bows, don't let anyone tell you a Blacktail is not a good performer. I have already ordered another.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2008, 06:21:00 PM »
hogdancer, don't throw a statement like that out there and not give your results.  Have you always been a tease?  What did you find?
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline hogdancer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
I have along with my Blacktail a Morrison shawnee with recurve limbs, a Brack Quest, a widow SAV and a Dale Dye and a Robertson. The arrows were a little over 11 grains per pound and I found that the Blacktail edged them all out by a little, all bows were right at 54@28. Now that's how it worked out for me, take that for what you paid for it.
PBS regular Member,
but most importantly father to my two girls !
The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government _Thomas Jefferson

Offline Seeking Trad Deer

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
A piece of fine artwork!   :thumbsup:
The Lord is my Shepherd

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
Sorry all, I just wanted to share the beauty of this bow and the first set of photos just didn't do it.

www.zipperbows.com

Offline see

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
thats a bowyers art for sure.i hope to hold one some day.
see

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2008, 07:28:00 PM »
TJ, you're probably gettin' tired of lookin' at that ol' thing...aren't ya!    lol
  I'm sure not. The natural lighting really does show it off better. Great grain patterns in the limbs and riser. You got a good one there for sure!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2008, 08:07:00 PM »
Thanks Snag, you know the reason I bought this bow is you don't you?  About 9 or 10 months ago or so you were posting picts of yours and I ordered mine the next day.
www.zipperbows.com

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »
It's definitely contagious! I was the same way. Saw one and that was all she wrote...ordered one!  Everytime I pull that bow out and shoot it I still can't believe it is mine.  I chrono'd my 55#@28" with 600gr hunting arrows, 5" feather fletching, D97 string, tab, shooting into a 15 mph wind, sun in my eyes, before breakfast, ok, ok I'll stop....175fps. Not the fastest bow out there maybe, but it shoots pretty fast and hits where I look. I'm a happy hunter!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline JL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2008, 12:33:00 PM »
Outstanding! Man oh man, that combo turned out real nice! I have two Blacktails also (Snakebit and Elite TD's) and they are top shelf bows. Not only in looks but in shooting qualities also. Norm sure can put a bow together...

JL
Practice like you are the worst, shoot like you are the best...

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2008, 02:53:00 PM »
Nice bow, Congrats!  :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Brute killer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2008, 04:48:00 PM »
Wish I could see the pics. No doubt it's purty!  ;)

I love looking at mine as much as I love shootin' it.
Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Offline Mike Burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
That is a BEAUTY!!

TJ, you want your money back for it???   :p    :D  

Mike   :campfire:

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »
Raw Hide that's a heck of an offer, but after that long anticipated wait I'll hang onto her for a while.  Had a buddy come over today and he couldn't believe how it shot.  I hope you all don't waste as many years as I have looking for a great shooting bow. You get what you pay for. Lots of good bowyers out there. Just give Norm a call and order you one.

www.blacktailbows.com
www.zipperbows.com

Online Ybuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
wowza!!!!!!!!!simply beautiful. Enjoy.
Steve.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
That's one beautiful work of art. Congrats.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline wisconsin wood butcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
hey kentucky tj
  to answer i would like the ebony riser and bamboo limbs or somthing like you r combo  50@ 30" ihave a
  bocote top to bottom 60#@30" now

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
Beautiful bow, as we have come to expect from the hands of Norm Johnson. I have a couple of Blacktail Elites and also have a Snakebit on order. The Blacktails shoot very well, but are not the best feeling in my hand. To me they are a little heavy and less nimble feeling than some of my other bows. I know that others think they feel the best in their hands, which is great since everyone's physique and preferences are different. Nevertheless, no one makes a better looking bow, at least in my opinion, and that is why every serious recurve shooter who appreciates good looks in a bow ought to have at least one of Norm's bows. As to which recurve I like to shoot best, I am prejudiced in favor of Brackenbury bows because I have been shooting Bracks since Jim built my first one for me in 1984. Bill Howland's Brack Quests are even better than Jim's original design and are at the top of my list of great shooting bows. I have a Non-Typical on order from Bill too which everyone says is as nice a hybrid longbow as the Quest is a recurve. I have recently become a fan of Bob Morrison's bows as well and have a couple of Cheyennes with a Shawnee longbow on order. The Blacktails are the best looking in my opinion, but the Brackenburys and Morrisons are beautiful bows too and shoot better in my hands (not that I am all that great a shot). A bow that I do not find to be all that incredible in looks is the ACS CX, which is still attractive, but not in the same league looks-wise with the others. Still, it is one of the best shooting bows I have ever held. We are all fortunate to have some excellent bowyers out there who are true artisans. They are producing excellent bows that look and shoot great.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©