3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: king vs fox breed recurve  (Read 1512 times)

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
king vs fox breed recurve
« on: March 17, 2021, 07:28:58 AM »
Have a chance at getting a Fox Breed 58" recurve that was made by Ron Fox back in the 90's and was just wondering if there was much difference than the Fox Breed's that Ron King is building today.Have only heard good things about the Breed but think that was mostly about the later King built ones.If anyone has had experiance with both would love to hear your thoughts.
When the buffalo are gone,we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and want our freedom.(Chief Sitting Bull)

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: king vs fox breed recurve
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2021, 02:55:17 AM »
Nobody has any experience with both  :archer2:
When the buffalo are gone,we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and want our freedom.(Chief Sitting Bull)

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 03:09:31 AM »
Probably very few have had both bows.

I have had 2 Fox Breeds by Ron king.Very nice!!!

You might have to call or E-mail him and see if he made any modifications?

If the originals shoot like the currant versions its gonna be one of the nicest 50s style bows around in my experience.Mine were 62 inchers.

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 03:19:13 AM »
Thanks Steelhead,Everything Ive seen are read was referring to the King built bows,just looking at the pictures they look identical.I do like that style of bow...Realy dont need another bow but you know how it is ..

Offline rustyspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 07:38:47 AM »
These pictures are 8 years old. Maybe this will help a little. This bow is made by Ron.

Post some pics of the bow you are looking at.

Rich K.

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2021, 02:11:34 PM »
rustyspike,I hate to post a picture of someone else's,but the middle of bow looks like its made a little different but I really dont know if it s are no.The one Im looking at is all one type of wood in the handle area and doesnt look like it has any lamentations to it...

Offline rustyspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2021, 06:35:40 PM »
S, What are you trying to figure out?

Any way the handle on Fox Breed pictured above is Cocobolo & Yew.  The limbs are Yew and back is a Juniper veneer (more rust like color).

Here is a Pic of a Checkmate Attila.  Its a Chechen handle (riser) all Black Walnut limbs. Can't get these anymore. Just pulled it out of the box in these pics. About 15 years ago.

Rich K.

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2021, 06:42:22 PM »
Really just wondering about the performance between the Ron Fox made and the Ron King made breed recurves.I cant find much on the Ron Fox made bows but can find alot of good reports on the Ron King made ones...

Offline rustyspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2021, 06:51:21 PM »
S.

Ron King owns Fox Archery. It's the same company.  :)

Rich K.

Offline sqrlgtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2021, 07:57:00 PM »
S.

Ron King owns Fox Archery. It's the same company.  :)

Rich K.

Its the same company but Ron Fox was original owner and Ron King is present owner...2 different bowyer's is the reason I was asking about the differences or the lack there of in the bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©