3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gostwear Wool  (Read 2422 times)

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
Gostwear Wool
« on: April 09, 2021, 01:06:07 PM »
Found a Canadian company called Gostwear and liked the look and price of their wool pants. Anyone here have any experience with them?

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gostwear Wool
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 04:17:09 PM »
It is nice stuff, but the customer service is the worst I have ever encountered. You better hope they get your order correct, because they are impossible to contact.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:51:32 PM »
Good to know. Thanks.

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 05:49:11 PM »
I wore a pair of thier Big Bill wool pants inder my hip boots, in the Brooks Range two years ago in late September. They were great. I highly recommend them.
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 06:08:24 PM »
Great picture! From the looks of it you were on the south slope? Moose hunt? Thanks for sharing.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 06:51:19 PM »
I believe this is the company that used to be Codet.  Big Bill and gostwear are one and the same now.

I bought a pair of their 100% wool pants...100% only comes in the dark gray with small red/green check.  Its 28 oz, and really nice stuff.  Fit was true to size. I took a size larger and washed to shrink to fit....didn't shrink as much as I thought it would. Tight weave, good stuff.

I wore them late season for deer this year. Got them to be my Alaska moose hunting pants starting this Septmber 😀

R

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 08:11:49 PM »
Thanks Ryan. I remember the Codet brand.

Offline Wodje96

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2021, 04:58:04 PM »
As mentioned, it the same as Codet/Big Bill stuff. I've had a pair of their merino pants for several seasons, no complaints. Their stuff is simple, good quality and reasonably priced. Getting items directly from Ghostwear was near impossible, but you can find some of their stuff from other dealers in the US; sometimes at a great prices. I use the hell out of the those pants, and wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2021, 06:37:45 PM »
As mentioned, it the same as Codet/Big Bill stuff. I've had a pair of their merino pants for several seasons, no complaints. Their stuff is simple, good quality and reasonably priced. Getting items directly from Ghostwear was near impossible, but you can find some of their stuff from other dealers in the US; sometimes at a great prices. I use the hell out of the those pants, and wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from them.
Do you have the cargo merino pants or the ones without the cargo pockets?
Thanks.

Offline Wodje96

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2021, 05:46:02 AM »
ive got the ones without cargo pockets, but only because the cargo ones werent available. They also have 24 and 28oz versions that would be better for colder weather but they arent merino and not quite as good a color. 

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2021, 08:24:30 AM »
ive got the ones without cargo pockets, but only because the cargo ones werent available. They also have 24 and 28oz versions that would be better for colder weather but they arent merino and not quite as good a color.
Thanks.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2021, 09:15:38 AM »
Those of you who own a pair of these pants I'm curious how the sizing worked for you. Did you just order your regular waist size? Size up or down?
Thanks.

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 10:06:29 AM »
I own Big Bill Products that I picked up through the years - very good stuff, especially for the money. I met the distributers at an outdoor show and they were really good guys.

However, to make a long story short, I tried ordering online from Gostwear (which I always assumed were retailers) a few years ago and had a very bad experience that took months to resolve (after much effort on my part).

Unless their customer service has change dramatically since I dealt with them, here is some sound advice if you are planning to order from them:

1) Do not place your order online - speak to a salesman directly on the telephone.

2) Make absolutely sure they have the item and/or the size you are interested in (IN STOCK! - don't trust anything they say is backorder).

3) Pay them only when they're ready to ship your order.

4) Don't count too much on them answering your emails or telephone messages promptly.

All things considered, the trouble will most likely be worthwhile - like I said at the beginning = Big Bill quality / price is very hard to beat.

I live in northern Quebec and I'd like to visit their store in person some day (it's located in southern Quebec).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 09:57:37 AM by Ken Taylor »
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:13 AM »
I think I'd like the pants, but I wouldn't be interested in a wool jacket that was unlined.  Tried that before and wasn't happy with it.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 01:01:48 PM »
It runs true to size. You should really heed Ken's advice. They will screw up your online order. They won't answer the phone. Don't try to save a couple bucks. Buy from a retailer, not Ghostwear. I can't adequately explain how horrendous Ghostwear is at conducting business. Double your budget and give Grey Wolf a call.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 01:45:57 PM »
I agree I found them true to size.  I dont recall whom I ordered from but it was someone in the US, not direct from the manufacturer in Canada.  Didn't have any issue with the order, but I recall they seemed to be out of some sizes.

R

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »
Thanks for the information, all of it.
If anyone has a US retailer I could hit up for their pants I would appreciate the direction.
I have always washed my wool garments as per the directions provided by Mrs. Asbell. Doing so I have never had any trouble with shrinkage. I'm assuming the Big Bill clothing would have the same results? Do any of you wash yours? Any issues with shrinking when drying in front of a fire while in the field?
Thanks.

Offline Skates 2

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 08:19:40 PM »
From what I've heard here and from other's elsewhere, I'll stick with Grey Wolf.  :campfire:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©