3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help tune my arrows (pics)  (Read 403 times)

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help tune my arrows (pics)
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 11:23:00 AM »
Not the weight so much as the reduced flex along those five inches from the feathers and glue lines, you are shooting 30"+ arrows and everything is magnified at those arrow lengths. It takes much less weight up front to effect spine and less on the back to do the same.

I keep going back to the 15 yard groups, everything is pretty much left and grouped there. Unless your form is real good, thirty yards is a long shot for someone just starting out, especially with a new bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »
As I said, we have different views.

His 30 yard groups are much smaller than the 15 and a much clearer spine indicator. The first 3 pics where not decipherable for any spine determination in my opinion because all the arrows were scattered. As long as there is no riser contact; If the arrows were too stiff, the bareshafts would always land to the left of the fletched arrows for a right handed shooter, again, in my experience. Your mileage may vary, I'm just telling you how it always works for me.

I'll bow out of this one now...hope you resolve the problem.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 03:55:00 PM »
Just a thought if they are real stiff would the bear shaft contact the riser and kick the shaft giving a false weak reading on the target
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 04:13:00 PM »
I have to agree with JC on this for sure. The only other explaination is they could be way weak and he is getting an opposite reading. We need the exact bow specs first. I always shoot the three fletched arrows first and than shoot at them withthe bareshafts, even a shaft that is not spined very close will hit pretty close to what you are aiming at unless they are way off. I have shot shafts that were 25#s overspine and still hit within a couple inches of my aiming point and than the bareshafts were 8-10"s left. Shawn
Shawn

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
I was not able to do any shooting last night, so no update. Hopefully today. Thanks Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©