3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Let's see those St Jude donations!! - List them now please!!!  (Read 5607 times)

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Let's see those St Jude donations!! - List them now please!!!
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Now Vance.....Who in the world would believe that you are thinking about cookies? There will be many wonderful items up for bid. Get ready!
I can't wait although since I am working now I have limited computer time. Dang....It's going to be tough to keep up this year. Going to have to make my list and check it twice!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »
I have something in the fire for the auction  :D  as well as a few other items... one of which Vance might be interested in - up for a trip to CT?
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 11:08:00 AM »
I'll come up with something, not sure what I want to make yet....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline fyrfyter43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 11:15:00 AM »
I have it on good authority that there will be a few dozen more COOKIES this year. Of course, they're not Miss Kim's, but my wife can sure hold her own when it comes to baking.
"In the joy of hunting is intimately woven the love of the great outdoors. The beauty of woods, valleys, mountains, and skies feeds the soul of the sportsman where the quest of game only whets his appetite." ~ Saxton Pope

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
That's what I like to hear Eric! I know more than a few fellers who like cookies...period.  I can gaurantee baked goods will definately help this worthy cause  :D  

Who knows what's in store this year....
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2008, 11:40:00 AM »
Best be for holdin a Board Meetin whip"o". May be a need to do some diversifyin an takin some future options.

Where's the Pres ?

Is he payin attention to this BULL market??  :goldtooth:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2008, 01:06:00 PM »
I just told Rose this AM (after "discovering" a nice little wall hanging, featuring "ruminants" of some kind, that someone , or more, will want - I'm sure ) that I am going to have to start taking pictures in early May in order to get all my little "goodies", and hers (can anyone say, Warm, Yarny things?) documented and ready for posting when the auction starts. Some (I hope) will bring large total bids but mostly I concentrate on donating enough smaller items so that no one, really wanting to get in on the fun and good deeds, need feel left out. I'm not positive (as I "collect them" throughout the year, like I do the Dinos for ATAR) but I'm convinced that I have more to offer this year than any previous year - and so does my generous and talented wife.

As for what is shown above I am blown away already and once again , "I wish I was rich instead of so D***ed good looking!"

(Love your "Killer Arrow", Killie)

I may pick out something and take a pic of it to whet appetites - but then again i may wait for all of them - you never know what I'm gonna do, other than "nip at everyones heels" - that you can count on   :goldtooth:
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Here are some pictures of the bow I am donating to this year’s St Jude’s auction.  Excuse the pictures, the bow is near final tillered with all the nick’s and scratches removed but still in the beginning  finish  stage, it will get 8-12 coats of tongue/tru oil before a bison leather grip is put on; It will look a whole lot nicer when it is finished.  Specifications for the bow are/will be:
Osage selfbow, 58” nock to nock, 48#’s @ 28” (That’s so Calvin can shoot it if he win’s the bid and I won’t have to lower the poundage for him, again), ebony tip overlays, backed with bison sinew and Texas Rat Snake skin (Couldn’t locate a sturgeon skin).

Here is a picture of the bow braced and a braced tip:

The back of the limbs (it’s a little wavy but not real snakey):

And a few of the tips:

Whip and Vance, let me know when the board meeting is, I would hate to miss it.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 02:08:00 PM »
I would like to offer up this Basket quiver I made. Hope it will help the children. It now has a nylon web strap in a leopard pattern.

I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline TRAP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2008, 03:19:00 PM »
I'll donate 3 RH and 3 LH traditional feather rests.  How do I sign up to be a donor?  Maybe I just did  :)  

Trap
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2008, 03:42:00 PM »
Vance, I don't think we want to diversify.  I think that would mean we would own less of one thing (Miss Kim's Cookies), and more of other things.  
What we really need to do is EXPAND our scope of operations!   :readit:      :bigsmyl:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Rob, somehow I missed signing the sheath for the beautiful knife down in Texas.  Guess that means I will be required to buy it just so I can add my name to it!  :goldtooth:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 03:58:00 PM »
I will donate a book or better yet a 1/2 dozen of them. Shipping on me.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
Hey Buff, will those will be signed?
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
If you want I will be proud to sign them

Online wislnwings

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Walt that's sweet looking bow.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
You got that right! Purty work indeed on that bow, Walt.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 06:04:00 PM »
Walt, real nice bow!! Do you have a "Buy it Now" option? I've got my finger on the "buy" button but you gotta hurray before my wife gets home.  :pray:
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Whip:
Rob, somehow I missed signing the sheath for the beautiful knife down in Texas.  Guess that means I will be required to buy it just so I can add my name to it!   :goldtooth:  
Well, if you (& the buyer) don't object, I could ship it over to you, to sign & then you ship it on. How'd that be?
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 06:46:00 PM »
Who do you have to see to donate something. My wife hand knits wool socks and would like to donate a pair.

Alan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©