3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fixing woodie tips & adding screw-in points  (Read 314 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Fixing woodie tips & adding screw-in points
« on: April 28, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Well this past Saturday I was at a 3D shoot at Whittingham WMA, in Jersey... I came home with 3 broken tips on my arrows... What to do!!!

Well I fixed them by cutting a small piece of 2317 Easton shafts as a coupling ... I have 1 arrow that I can change the screw-in tips.

All you have to do is... take a old shaft 2317 (this is what I used) cut them about 2" long, this will give you room to add the insert or another piece of wood. Next mark the depth on the shaft & then start to sand down the shaft at the end. Test for a tight fit. Check your arrow to make sure it is true. Next You add glue (any kind even hot melt) to the wood'n shaft slide it on to the shaft to the mark, Now add the other small piece of wood...If your going to use glue on tips, if not add insert.

As You can see in the pic's ( sorry for them being blurry ) I have 1 that I can change the tips ( screw-in ) & another one for glue on tips.

The arrows will gain little weight but still fly great....Now ... on the wood'n tips, if they brake again at the point, just remove it from the coupling & add a new piece... tapper and add point... done.

I have found that this works better then the other screw-in adapters on the market. I hope this works for someone else too....

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fixing woodie tips & adding screw-in points
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »
Wow, bionic arras!
"We can rebuild him..."  :D

Looks cool, too.
Killdeer  :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:23:00 PM »
Killdeer, the best thing is.... It's NOT 6 million $ to make fix them....($6,000,000.00 Man theme: in background)

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
A lot easier the way I do it.

Reparrow man
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©