3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: F. R. O. G Team Adventure 1st 2021 finally….  (Read 1690 times)

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: F. R. O. G Team Adventure 1st 2021 finally….
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2021, 12:53:53 PM »
Just prior to this  I had located a ninja assassin  🥷 hiding in a impenetrable tangle of swamp vines and tyty trees. I called out to Scout “your up”  with a slight mischievous giggle. Think you can slide one through there?  :laughing: Scout as usual overconfident states “Why sure I can thread the needle” or some gibberish like that.

Three shots later and an empty quiver the Ninja 🥷 still sits there looking at us.

Sniper pipes up “your up Cap”. Sniper always pipes up at the most in opportune times.

Sniper then makes accusations to Scout that I was stalling hoping the ninja 🥷 frog would leave knowing I couldn’t hit it in that tangled maze.

No, Snipe I’m just maneuvering trying to get the best shot angle. So after 5 minutes of “maneuvering” the Ninja 🥷 frog still won’t leave, er….is still under the belief I can’t see him :biglaugh: 

So I slowly draw back and pick a vine to smash through hoping I hit the ninja 🥷 in the process.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2021, 01:20:05 PM »
At the release a terrible crashing, shredding, ripping, sound thundered through the silent night….

I can’t see anything as Sniper and Scout who are holding the lights are in disbelief and are shining the lights at each other. Hey shine down here I can’t see the Ninja 🥷 is he coming my way :dunno:

Sniper says “ No Cap he’s dead as a “door nail”” whatever that means.

Yea, well that what I thought…I knew that…just wasn’t sure if more ninja 🥷 frogs were around and might need to take them out to.

The only spot he could be hit, the arrow found its way to…

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2021, 02:59:34 PM »
Need a refill....  :coffee:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2021, 03:14:50 PM »
Cap,
   I believe that Ninja already gave up the ghost a few days ago by the looks of him.
That might just be the reason he never sprang forward from the previous sidewinding missiles that were deployed by the the other guys .
 You just happened to deploy a missile that hit an already “Riga-mortis” reptile I do say so myself  . But then again I wasn’t there to make that observation .biglaugh:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2021, 04:07:10 PM »
Keefer,

As you stated “I wasn’t there “ and that’s a very good observation and I must say is better scouting skills than my current Scout processes.

Now as for the current decease ninja 🥷 frog I assure you he was very much alive.  But the intelligence officers in charge of CSI induction did the best he could a day after battle scenes clean up.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2021, 04:18:24 PM »
Now as I was saying we had become separated somehow in the heat of battle with Sniper and Scout traveling further down the edge of the swamp. I knew this by there occasional loud laughter and loud talking.

Hey I shouted, radio discipline, cut it out you two! Rank amateurs :knothead:

When going to bark orders again I noticed movement at my 3 o’clock position and skillfully slid my headlamp to the left side of my head while simultaneously turning off my hand torch and placing in front pocket. This simple act took all of 3.56 minutes to accomplish and I might add may have set a new world record for efficiency!

Not every man posses such skills, highly honed in real war fighting adventures, but it goes with the territory.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »
Now I said all that….why did I say all that?  Oh yea, I said all that due to the ninja 🥷 sitting at 3:o’clock  :laughing:

Once finally getting the headlamp on and place over my left eye so when I turn my head the ninja 🥷 is lined up under said illumination. And  picking up dropped torch cleaning mud off it and placing in any pocket takes time. You know how much time?  Exactly 3.56 minutes….

So once this was done I quickly dispatched the ninja 🥷.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2021, 04:36:11 PM »
Well once the bad guy was retrieved I set out to try and locate Sniper and Scout. Which was actually pretty easy as I could still hear their laughing and horse playing up by the road.

When I got there it appeared Sniper was overjoyed due to Scout pulling off a double. Runner out at first, and a quick pitch retires the ending!

But I knew from pass experience that Sniper is never happy when someone’s ahead of him on the body count :readit:

Supreme and Scout 2 apiece Sniper 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2021, 04:42:42 PM »
I’m trying to finish this up guys and you know the old saying “I promise I’m not trying to drag this out”.

But with so many comments in between every post I make it just make it longer to get done.

So if you guys would just quit commenting soooo much I’ll speed this up :biglaugh: :goldtooth:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2021, 05:07:07 PM »
 :coffee:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2021, 05:07:53 PM »
Hmmm...?? Maybe pie?

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2021, 05:25:16 PM »
I noticed right away that Sniper , even though congratulating Scout for not blowing not once but two times, was in the pit of depression. I needed to do something and fast to keep him from despair.

“Hey Sniper it your turn and I see a nice one sitting on that log” as I pointed at one, a big sentry.

Only problem was he would have to wade out to nearly his waistline to retrieve the body if successful.

This was what the doctor order as Sniper take extreme pleasure in impossible shots, howbeit he doesn’t like to get dirty.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2021, 05:38:35 PM »
At first despair had such a grip on him I didn’t know if he would pull out….I don’t know Cap that’s pretty deep and I don’t feel like getting that wet tonight”.

I was afraid his sorrows would drown him, pull him under….But he says “ Man that’s a big frog and I want to shoot it, and besides I’m behind”.

Now that’s the Sniper I know!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2021, 05:53:20 PM »
Ksplat! Thundered his shot as it smashed against another sentry’s head. Plop! Right into the deep waters on the other side of the log, with the pink and white fletching bobbing like a cork on the water surface.

Get em, go get em before he jump off shouts Scout as the bobbing fletches start a circle and dive dance.

Much like a big bull brim pulling a bobber under and racing towards the bottom!

Now to you lesser men who have never witness such battle, this is very exciting to say the least :o

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2021, 05:57:56 PM »
Sniper at first eases into the muck and goo hoping to stay fairly clean and dry; but as the bobbing arrow dance intensified he had no choice but to lunge in and grab said sentry.

Once this was done a smile shot across his face, not because he had the biggest one of the night but he had even the score  :bigsmyl:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2021, 06:22:28 PM »
At this point the clock nears 22:00, 10 pm the max time available and we must hurry!

We round a bend where a drain empty into the lake, and I see one on a log and shoot, but miss. Sniper see one and nails it. Scout empties another quiver to no avail.

I finished off the final sentry of the night as the clock strikes 22:00, we all gathered  by the roads edge and assess personal injuries and found we had none except for Sniper and Scouts pride as both were muddy from there escapades :clapper:

In total 8 vietfrogs were eliminated due to refusing to surrender under peaceful terms.

Supreme 3, Sniper 3, and Scout 2

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©