3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite backpack for tree stand hunting  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Jcarroll611

• Trad Bowhunter
Favorite backpack for tree stand hunting
« on: August 08, 2021, 08:22:50 PM »
Looking for a quiet pack , with a simple layout for hunting white tails in tree stands . Do you guys have any good recommendations?

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
Re: Favorite backpack for tree stand hunting
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 09:56:31 PM »
Kind of expensive, but I have a King of the Mountain wool pack.  I cut the waist straps off of it. Has three compartments. Smallest one on the front is where I put my lunch and shooting tab. The deep pocket behind it gets my binos, arm guard, sheath knife, extra hat and face mask, etc.  The large main/back compartment I use for extra clothes, survival items, extra flashlight, cord, etc.  I hang it from the tree next to me at about waist level and open the front two pockets half way.  Can easily retrieve what I need with very little movement. 

Offline Southpawky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 10:56:13 PM »
I’ve got a hornhunter G3 treestand pack and love it. It carries anything I can think of and the way they built it is ideal for the treestand whitetail hunter. It has a hook sewed on the opening that lets you hang it up and have access to anything inside in the tree and has a bow rope built onto it. The pack allows you to pack your bow on it and it has cinch straps on the bottom that is real nice to haul your outer layers on the way to the stand and put them on once you get to the tree. It’s fairly light and the best part is it doesn’t cost a arm and a leg. Think I picked mine up off eBay for around $100

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 06:12:18 AM »
Take a look at johnson woolen mills daypack. Simple design, quiet (this was my biggest issue with shopping daypacks), and if you look at their website they have a bunch of colors. This has become my carry on personal item on air flights too. I don't often carry a back pack deer hunting, use this one when I do. Lined with an ultrasil drybag this will be my daypack moose hunting in Alaska this fall.

R

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 10:21:12 AM »
I found a small pack for $15 bucks in the clearance section at Bass Pro. I needed something that would hold just what I needed, and nothing else and this fit the bill.

It isn't made of any special material or anything so isn't necessarily quiet, but it suited my needs well.

I have a buddy that has the Sitka Fanatic pack-he loves it. Super quiet, is purpose built for whitetail hunting. I just haven't ponied up the cash for it.
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline The Black Spot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »
Find an old camelback and remove the bladder. They make great little day packs

Offline J. Holden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2021, 07:22:06 PM »
Santa brought me one from Day One Camouflage for Christmas this past year.  I'm looking forward to using it this fall.  Prior to I had one that I thought was perfect.  However I found it was loud (fabric & zippers), it was "shaped" and I didn't like the hard lines of it sticking out from the tree.  This new one is soft, drawstring or elastic closure and "floppy".  Can't was to use it.

-Jeremy :coffee:
Pslam 46:10

"A real man rejects passivity and takes responsibility to lead, provide, protect, and teach expecting to receive the greater reward." Dr. Robert Lewis

Online Bowguy67

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 07:35:35 PM »
Not really a back pack but a day pack, badlands makes a few good ones. I use their daypack and super Fanny pack. Worth every penny imo and guaranteed
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 57lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 52lbs
62” Robertson Primal Overdrive 53lbs
62” Robertson Fatal Styx 47lbs
64” Toelke Whip 52lbs
58” Black Widow PSA 64lbs
62” Black Widow PSA 54lbs
60” Bighorn Grand Slam 60lbs
60” Bear Kodiak Hunter 50lbs painted black. My uncles bow. He may be gone but his spirit isn’t. Bow will hunt again
52” Bear Kodiak Magnum 50lbs

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2021, 08:24:17 PM »
I really like my new eberlestock bandit.  It is small, but well thought out.  I think it is going to be my goto treestand pack for a long time.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Online Bob T.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2021, 10:29:56 AM »
I've used a Day One Camouflage backpack since 1990. That is all I use for tree or ground.

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2021, 11:14:04 AM »
If i'm only going to be out for 4 hours or so, i use the kuiu stalker 500.  Very compact 
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2021, 12:02:58 PM »
For just a day trip, I don't use a pack. What doesn't fit into my Asbell haversack goes into the pockets of my hunting vest. The more space I have, the more junk I cram in. This makes me take just what I need.
Sam

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2021, 01:45:36 PM »
X2 on the Kuiu Stalker 500. Gave away all my fanny packs. Great little pack.

Offline olddogrib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2021, 03:46:18 PM »
A couple years ago I had a nice, pricey fleece day pack that I dumbed it up and apparently it blew out of my truck after my last outing.  Luckily I had emptied all the contents for the end of the season, so was only out the pack.  But I was pissed at myself and decided at my age I could easily do with half the stuff I was toting into the woods in a lot smaller pack...in case I did something so stupid again.  I bought a Wallyworld Fieldline  Pro Series Sling Pack and it works great.  I liked it so well, that when they got marked down after hunting season I got a couple more and now keep all my bowhunting stuff in one, my turkey stuff in another and my predator calling stuff in a third.  Keeps me from forgetting something important which plagued me when I kept rotating stuff in and out of one.  And it won't "break the bank" when you get old and have "senior moments"!
"Wakan Tanka
 Wakan Tanka
 Pilamaya
 Wichoni heh"

Offline Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2021, 09:53:59 PM »
Tensing 1500 is a good day pack too from my experience 
Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline R.V.T.B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2021, 09:38:03 AM »
Another vote for the eberlestock bandit.  I replaced the pack I had been using for 15 years with the bandit last fall.  About perfect for tree stand bowhunting.

Offline Jcarroll611

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2021, 11:50:09 AM »
Is the bandit quiet?

Offline blacktailbob

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Island Graphics Inc.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2021, 12:41:58 PM »
olddog if you hadn't emptied it out it wouldn't have blow out.

I got a small pack off the bay and it fits great on my pacseat and quickly and easily detaches for normal carry or hauling up a stand. Mainly carry things for field dressing, emergencies (space blanket, lighter, first aid, headlamp) a big knife and things I'll not likely be messing with while on stand and making unnecessary noise. You can pack it light or stuff it for an overnighter.
[email protected]

Islandgraphicsfl.com

Online Michael Guran

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2021, 01:19:41 PM »
I’ve had a Badlands Treestand pack for years, and just as the name implies it’s perfect for treestand hunting. I don’t think they make it anymore, but I think there is an updated version now and I’d highly recommend checking it out

Online mnbwhtr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2021, 02:10:43 PM »
Last year I got a small sling pack from Trout Unlimited in which I put a headlamp, a lightweight rain jacket, my compass, a havalon knife, a folding saw and pruners and a length of parachute cord. That covers everything I carry for early season hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©