3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Favorite backpack for tree stand hunting  (Read 1835 times)

Offline smag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Favorite backpack for tree stand hunting
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2021, 06:34:08 PM »
Any good assault pak will hang well from a hook or sit on ground for big game day hunting hunting. You go to high or big country prolly better to with a three day plus size pak. There your better suited with a slighly bigger set up as you need to carry bear ammo and some small gear to stay out a day or two if you kill out late and have to stay a nite or two from base camp.

Hedge~
RLTW~

MAFA: Making America Free Again~

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2021, 09:14:39 PM »
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Onski316

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2021, 09:42:39 AM »
I use a military Molle II FLC vest with different pouches on the front. It is out of the way just enough when shooting but having everything on my chest accessible is very convenient. I have pouches for wind checker, calls, snacks, release, cell phone, range finder and flashlight. I have a D-ring Grimlock carabiner for my water thermos that I detach once in the stand. If it becomes bothersome or hot, I just take it off and hang it on a screw in hanger and everything is still accessible.

Online kopfjaeger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2021, 09:57:53 AM »
Bought it off ebay. I don't remember the make.
HE made me into a polished arrow & concealed me in HIS quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline Pauljr77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2021, 08:31:20 PM »
I don’t drag deer anymore unless they are very close to the truck, I carry all my heavier clothes in so i use a Kuiu Icon Pro300 and have for about 6 seasons. I rarely ever go to the woods without it from scouting, to shed hunting to hunting. Overkill for some but Ive beat the daylights out of it, it works for me. I also carry my stands in and out ever time so my Lone Wolf is strapped on it typically.

Online MCNSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2021, 03:56:43 PM »
I have a shoulder bag ( haver sack ) I like it better than anything else I’ve used for short hunts. It doesn’t interfere with carrying a stand and you can still get into it as it is hanging under your arm. Also don’t have to take it off to get the stand off your back and into the tree. A buddy made mine out of some kind of upholstery material. Think I’ve had it around 20 years and still going strong.
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
 Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Online Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2021, 04:01:49 PM »
Walmart day pack
Love this thing
Indestructible
Enough pockets and compartments well thought out - easy to keep organized- and easy to find stuff easily.
$28 I think around five years ago
Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Wodje96

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 03:37:03 PM »
I picked up a Sitka fanatic pack last year and I can say it is completely silent and has all the pockets and storage I could want. I can carry 4 sticks and a saddle platform with no issues. I'm impressed with it. It's similar to dayone pack (also silent), but with way more useful features.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©