3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY turkey hunters  (Read 1356 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY turkey hunters
« Reply #60 on: May 04, 2008, 08:52:00 PM »
I just roosted atleast 4 birds. Makes me wish I had someone to bowhunt with...  :goldtooth:  
Seriously, I start shooting again tomorrow. By next weekend Im hunting, pian or no pain.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
Gotta get together this season, Jamie...just gotta...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
Sounds like everyone had fun this weekend. I give you guys credit that can sit in a blind half the day. Congrats Tim!   :notworthy:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: May 04, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »
Thanks everyone for the congrats i still have a smile on my face!

Here a pic of my first turk with a bow! but like i said a soaked turkey that just tore himself to pieces does not take very good pictures but i couldn't be happier...    

Hopefully getting one will allow me to concentrate on my finals untill i can get back out there weds.(   "[dntthnk]"  not likely)

Jamie if you need help with all those gobblers you roosted let me know    ;)

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: May 05, 2008, 05:18:00 AM »
Tim, congratulations   :thumbsup:  You can be proud of that one, turkeys don't come easy in NY when you choose the kind of gear that we use around here. Now get your head back in the school mode   :biglaugh:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: May 05, 2008, 07:16:00 AM »
Congrats Tim!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: May 05, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Tim, you are a blessed young man! Awesome bird and having that old fart beside you in the picture is priceless! Cherish the memory of a great day afield with your father. They don't last forever!

Shawn, you know my invitation is open for you anytime you want to go! My boat is ready and waiting to be slimed! Call me and we'll go! Only 9 more days! I still can't believe NY has a season. The great part about shooting fish is that you don't have to miss work!  I go in the late evening and shoot until about midnight or 1 AM and then get up and at work by 7 AM. Makes for a long day - but it is worth it. Any of you NY folks in the area are more than welcome to join me! The Hudson is chocked plum full of fat fish just waiting to git skewered! We'll shoot till our arms are tired. Note: I didn't say anything about filling the boat, as that would imply we would connect often. It ain't as easy as it looks. Darn refraction!  If you don't have my phone number just PM me.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: May 05, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Congrads Tim !!!   :bigsmyl:   as luck would have it they never came my way but I did get to lagh my butt off at a couple deer that didn,t like my decoys.After a few charges foot stompin tearin away stompin right back they finally got down wind of me and it was over but they never looked at the blind.

I moved my blind up to the top of the hill where the birds had been in the mornin and stashed it.Scouted out further in since thats the way the birds had gone and found anther spot that looked real good and left figuring I'd decide in the mornin which spot

:banghead:    :banghead:    dang it they where right over at the other spot grrrrrrrr at least 5 that I could pind down where gobblin away none came may way and an hr or so later I hear booom booom from the other side of the woods.

Since it had been raining all morning I was sure glad to be in my blind.I was just about to head back to get things wrapped up around camp before heading home and I let out a call.....way off I hear a gobble so I call again he answer's sweet I think.Anyway he came in went out came back and shut up and I don't know what happened cept I went home empty handed

Good luck everybody!!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: May 05, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »
Tim, wet bird or not those pics are priceless.A big congrats to your and dad.Ill be bowing it tomorrow on some ganster city birds.Ill just have to beat the bulldozers to the woodlot.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: May 05, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Good people in the picture above. Those smiles are contagious. Thank you and congratulations!
Nice turkey too. (I think the wet part makes it look that more challenging. I can never get the turkeys to move when it's raining.)
Aram

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: May 05, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Tom, you lucky dog. I got to sit one rainy and quiet hour so far this season. (No blind either   :banghead:  )
Remember, any "bad" morning in the woods is better than a good day at the office. Loved the deer story. They look so shaggy right now too. Makes them look extra comical.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2008, 06:14:00 AM »
Great shot and a good photo of you with your Dad.
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
Tim, great phots my friend, Dad even looks good!! Carp pretty soon. I have a rig now. I will be out again friday morning. I hit that one jake and never found him, even Mae my Golden could not help. I have been on birds every morning and have hunted more this year than the last 3-4 combined!! I just got my new DB T5 today.  like it way better than the Matrix recurve model I had. It was way, way too big. I will try and keep everyone posted and even maybe just maybe I will get some pics. Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
Heading out tomorrow morning myself. Too many close calls...the other morning I topped a ridge heading west and a tom was heading east...face to face at 20 yds..man you should have seen him run outta there.

Getting real green out there now and this pollen has me fighting off "multiple sneezes". Might have to carry an extra face mask   :rolleyes:    :eek:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2008, 08:30:00 PM »
I roosted one tonight, I'm going to sneak a little time off work in the morning   :bigsmyl:

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: May 08, 2008, 12:21:00 PM »
Good luck Jim!! I'll probably hafta wait till the weekend and I'm not sure yet where.

While I've never gun hunted them myself I often have backup doing the calling and his weapon makes alot more noise than mine....my goal is to solidly anchor my bird when I get the chance so my bud doesn't ruin my arrow with lead

good luck everybody   :thumbsup:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: May 08, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
Shawn, 7 days to carp-a-geddon!

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: May 08, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »
I'm heading out this weekend for the first time this year in NY. Back in April I took a Merriam hunting with Fred & Michele Eichler. First bird with the bow for me and last year was my first with a shotgun.  I can't wait to be back in the catskills this time of year.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2008, 03:59:00 PM »
I should have slept in this morning   "[dntthnk]"  I was in the woods and setup at 4:30 this morning he gobbled once at 5:20 or so, it looked to be the perfect setup. I was sitting there waiting for it to get light enough to call when I heard the geese in the beaver swamp start to honk like they were nervous, then one of the beavers stated in to some tail slapping, all I could figure is that I had some company even though no one else has permission to be in there. Never heard or saw a thing after that, I'll be back to my favorite spot on Sat morning.

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: May 08, 2008, 10:23:00 PM »
hey everybody thanks agian for all the comments.

shawn cant wait, carp were spawning like crazy today in the half mile or so of river that i walked today i saw well over 20 groups of spawning fish and at 5-10 fish per group (to be safe)... well you do the math, thats alot of fish.

Went out yesterday and saw one hen, all was slow and quiet.

However today was Dad's day!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©