3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: new Yukon Tracks blind (with pics)  (Read 787 times)

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
new Yukon Tracks blind (with pics)
« on: April 30, 2008, 08:00:00 PM »
DISCLAIMER: This is NOT an advertisement, the intent of this post is to show pics of my new blind and get feedback.

Here is my new Yukon Tracks Enforcer Elite pop-up blind.  I had an older Enforcer standard model and I sold it to finance this new one.

I had never heard of Yukon Tracks blinds before, but I ran across them when researching pop-up blinds last year.  They offer a lot of features for not a lot of money.

These pics were taken at a local archery shop.  In this first picture, the shop owner is standing beside it for scale.  "Chuckles" is 6'4" and can stand up inside this blind without hitting his head.    

These next three pics show an interior view of the HUGE shoot through windows, a pic of 1 of the 4 camera port holes (new for this year), and a "side view" pic showing one of the windows 1/4 open and the camera port open.

Comments are welcome, I love to talk up these blinds!
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: new Yukon Tracks blind (with pics)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
How much do they run? Was thinking about Double bulls, but this seems a little bigger
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 08:22:00 PM »
the Enforcer Elite ran me $149.99 + $14.00 shipping.  Here's a link:

http://www.marinegeneralcatalog.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=364

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
What kind of warranty do they have?
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Online AMB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
How much does it weigh?

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 10:32:00 PM »
I've played around with a lot of these blinds and this is a good un!!

Al had it over at my house and we both shot out of it. I can shoot standing up (hunching over slightly) or sitting down on a small chair.

The shoot through mesh is the real kicker for these things. I'm the guy who bought his other blind last fall and while hunting in it a ruffed grouse came within two feet from the outside of the blind. I stood up inside with the mesh up and waved my arms around!!

Now anyone who has ever had experience with these birds knows that they make a turkey seem blind in comparison. The grouse didn't have a clue I was inside the blind.

The only trouble I had was with broadheads going through the mesh. I started out with three blader's and switched to two blade Stingers so it would pass through better.

When you brush them in and stake them down they are extremely stable. Plus you can hunt, rain or shine, and not worry about getting cold and wet.

All in all, these blinds have opened up a new world for me as far as deer hunting is concerned. It's probably safe to say that my climber wont get much use this year.
" Life is hard. It's even harder if your stupid."
-John Wayne

Offline Toklat1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
I think ya got something here! I have booked marked that site. Appreciate the information.  

Mark
Mark Griffin
USAF Retired
1981-2001

"When a Man comes to the mountains, He comes home." John Muir

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
This blind weighs 17 pounds with the carrying case.  I'm not sure about their wararnty, never checked.

Offline just a bit outside

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 01:00:00 PM »
How does shoot through mesh work? Don't you tear it when you shoot through it? Doesn't that end up destroying your windows?

Maybe this is a dumb question but I've never hunted out of a blind before. Help me understand the windows concept with the mesh.

Greg
We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.

Jeff Carter Southern Draw 64" Hybrid LB 43@28/48@28
Zipper SXT Recurve/LB 58" 47@27

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
The mesh is made from a thin, yet stiff thread material with a camo pattern etched into it. You can see through it but from the outside it's really hard to see you unless you've got all the windows open and are "skylighted" from the light coming in from behind you.

The mesh is made so that a broadhead will pass through it without effecting the arrow flight. When you shoot through it, it leaves a small hole exactly the dimensions of your broadhead which you can repair with some really fine thread, or after shooting through it several times, you can just order replacement windows, or do what I did and switch the window out with one you havn't shot through yet. Lets face it, how many shots are you gonna put through it in a season?

The one kicker with the shoot through mesh is that the broadhead MUST be a cut on contact type with razor sharp blades.

Broadheads with any kind of blunted tip, or a tip that has been damaged by practice do not work well and will cause the arrow to fly erratically. I switched to a two blade Stinger last year just for this reason.

The best thing to do is simply test it on your hunting heads and then switch the windows out or turn your blind so that a fresh window is facing in the direction your gonna shoot.

Beleive me, when your sitting in the blind and a deer is standing within touching distance, you'll see how well these things work!!
-John Wayne

Offline LEOPARD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
That's a great looking blind! Definitely something on my list of things to get.....  :D
Nigel Ivy

"The more I practice, the luckier I get...."

Offline BMOELLER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 03:08:00 PM »
They don't make it with the black inside?  For the price its nice and big, but I think I would like the black backing better.  Maybe I'm being too paranoid.

Does it set up as fast as a Double Bull?  I have an Ameristep Brickhouse and its a hub style but a pain in the butt to set up.
2009 Kansas State ASA Traditional Champion

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
It's all black inside.  Called "shadow stopper" or something along that line.

I'm only 5'5" and I can have this blind up in under 30 seconds and down even faster.

The shoot-through screens are put on with a velcro perimeter and are replaced very easily.

Offline just a bit outside

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
Thanks Baretraks... that was a great explanation. I might have to look into one of these things. I don't like the idea of a tree stand, ground hunting suits me more. I like the idea of the blind.

Thanks again.

Greg
We should have shotguns for this kind of deal.

Jeff Carter Southern Draw 64" Hybrid LB 43@28/48@28
Zipper SXT Recurve/LB 58" 47@27

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
Looks like a better deal than a DB, jmho...

Great find, thanks for sharing!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 05:32:00 PM »
Wow,

That looks like an awesome blind...

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 09:26:00 PM »
Hows the camo work on it?  I've shot a mess of animals out of the DB on same day sets.  If this would work on same day sets I'd switch.  Id by a couple of them!

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Last year was the first year I used a blind and beleive me, I just about abandoned my climber!!!

My wife sat in her Eastman blind on the second morning of bow season and watched a mama Black Bear and three cubs for two hours. At one point the mama bear was within ten yards and one of the cubs tackled the other and knocked it INTO THE SIDE OF THE BLIND!! They never even knew she was there.

I shot at the same doe THREE seperate times out of the same blind in the same location and she never had a clue!!! The last time I shot at her (and killed her) she came by the blind, scared to death, knowing something was going to happen, she just didn't know what!!

All I can say is you just got to try one of em. I hunted all last year in one and had a blast. I stayed warm, dry, and comfortable. The only problem I did have was trying to stay awake in that big ole chair I was sitting in!!!
-John Wayne

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »
How tall is it?  I didn't see a web page that gave that info.

Mike

Offline baretraks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »
My wifes blind was in the same location two weeks before the season started, standing out in the open. She killed a buck out of it the first morning of bow season.

When our neighbor found out we were hunting in the blind about sixty yards from his property line, he decided to take it upon himself to ride his fourwheelers and motorcycles right up to the property line fence and just park and watch the blind.

Since I didn't feel like going to prison for beating him with a club for being stupid, I moved the blind that night.

My wife crawled in it and saw the bear's the next day and on day number three, killed her second deer out of it.

I moved my blind the Sunday before gun season and killed one out of it the next day.

I really dont think that young deer pay much attention to them wether they are brushed in or have sit there a while.

Now your older bucks and those smart ole does are a different story all together. If you can find a place where you dont have to worry about the blind "growing legs" and walking off on you, I'd stake it down and brush it in and leave it there for at least two weeks with no activity. That way they get used to it and wont pay it much attention. That's the experience I've had anyway, results may vary.
-John Wayne

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©