3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blind Choice  (Read 390 times)

Offline Michigan Man

• Trad Bowhunter
Blind Choice
« on: May 01, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
I've got a couple hundred bucks of Cabela's points and have decided to get a blind for deer and turkey hunting. I've narrowed it down to the Primos Ground Max Vision blind and the Ameristep Intimidator. Can I get some imput, good or bad, on these blinds? Thanks for the help. Jim

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blind Choice
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
I used the ameristep roundhouse . Its the older model with the poles you have to put in yourself. Nopw I think alot of them all have internal framing! Makes it alot easier! Good luck with your choice!
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 09:34:00 AM »
I have last years cabelas lightning blind, the one with the HUGe windows.  Works great but is NOISY! and allows to much light in.

Save your money and do it once...I hunted out of the 360 this year and will be buying one before next turkey season.  They still sell it at cabelas, along with the primos version called the darkhorse.  

There is a new blind coming out by primos, if you are not in a hurry it should be out here pretty quick.  Basically it's a cheaper 360 style blind for around half the price.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 10:25:00 AM »
I would go with the double bull " dark horse " you'll get many more years of use out of it, it will not be noisy, you have the 180 veiw, the overhead zip flap, that works out nice for in warmer season, the hub style, the poly cotton fabric, which is not shiny, it's more money, but it's well worth it.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
I have a GroundMax Deluxe and love it. Cabelas will match any price on it, even sportsmansguide which was about $20 cheaper.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline zinndl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Make sure that which ever one you chose that it is big enough to maneuver / shoot your bow in it.
I just switched to trad bows and the blind that I used for my compound is way too small to use my 66" long bow from.
Psalm 19:1
The heavens declare the glory of God;and the firmament showeth his handiwork

Offline Big_Al

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
try this link, if you haven't seen the thread already...

http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=059775
"And that, my friends, is the minority vote."  -Bill the Butcher

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 01:27:00 PM »
I use Double Bulls for too many reasons to list here.
Gary Logsdon

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 07:09:00 PM »
I'm with Gary... well worth the xtra $$
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline heartshoth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 09:18:00 PM »
double bulls all the way...

heartshot
BLACK WIDOW PSR X 2
KEMPF QWYKSTYK  X 2
Zipper SXT

Offline waiting4fall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »

Offline Gehrke145

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 09:28:00 PM »
I love the DB, Lots of reasons but the camo is a big reason for me.  On a side note has anyone used the ASAT blind?  I just ordered a bunch of new camo and saw it on there site.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2008, 09:31:00 PM »
DB, no doubt! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ccarp00

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline dakota tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2008, 10:02:00 PM »
Life's too short not to hunt out of a DB!  There's a reason they cost more than others.
What was big was not the antlers, but the chance. What was full was not the meatpole but the memory of the hunt.    --Aldo Leopold

Offline BobCo 1965

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Originally posted by recurvericky:
I have a GroundMax Deluxe and love it. Cabelas will match any price on it, even sportsmansguide which was about $20 cheaper.
That's the one we are using this year for turkeys. Seems to work well with a 60" bow. Have not tried anything longer yet.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
I have the Groundmax predator den, LOVE it.  new deception camo, blacker interior, perfect ht. for shooting a bow up to 62"out of.

Had 2 toms right outside it yesterday, din't give me the shot I wanted though.

It is exclusive to Cabela's, I'm getting another before deer  season, and after sitting in it yesterday, my buddy ordered one as soon as we got in the door! lol  :)
BD

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by dakota tim:
Life's too short not to hunt out of a DB!  There's a reason they cost more than others.
What is the reason they cost more.  I am 6' 4" and just got a Ground Max Escape Deluxe.  I haven't seen a DB blind that is tall enough to stand and shoot out of.  They are made from a different material than just nylon.  Is that what makes them better?  I have a friend who worked last summer/fall for a Wyoming outfitter and he told me that they had Ameristep and Double Bull and that the Ameristep were by far better quality and held up much better in the high winds.

I will not be using mine on a daily basis, just for an antelope hunt every year or two.  I also need to purchase three of them for my son and I to use on those hunts.  So I can't see spending 3X the price.  I would like to know why they are so much better, in case I begin to use a blind more often.  Do they make a tall one--75+"?

Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©