3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Michigan Hunters ?  (Read 1780 times)

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Too Young to Be This Damn Old!
Re: Michigan Hunters ?
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2021, 10:20:26 AM »
Hey Bob.  I'm not much of a Moon Phase follower as it relates to the rut.  Deer tend to move less during daylight during the Full Moon as they are up feeding and active throughout the 'bright' evenings.  I believe the rut occurs basically the same time each year, but 'rut intensity' is affected by the temperature.  We need a cold snap to get things rocking in the forest.  I'm headed up Friday, after the rain and because the low temperatures are dropping from 53 to 39 degrees and the wind is changing to NW.  Hoping to see Manistee National Forest bucks seeking and possibly even some chasing the ladies.  Keep at it Brother ... good days are ahead!
I Become the Tree until I Become the Arrow.
Practice - Practice - Practice - Beer.  Works for me . . .

Offline Bob Foster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 11:43:30 AM »
Dennis,
Yeah, I’m not much into the moon phase stuff either.
I’m a, if it’s legal shooting hours I’m a huntin’ kind of guy.
Good luck in the M.N.F.

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2021, 07:45:05 PM »
I spent the last 3 days in the forest . . . unfortunately the deer spent this same time elsewhere.  Talked with several hunters in the evenings at the local watering holes and everyone was drowning their sorrows, not celebrating. Saw no evidence of bucks out seeking.  Gotta happen SOON - I hope!

Any update reports from other Michigan Men?  Hope Shrew Haven has some UP success stories to share soon.  Feel like I'm going through withdrawal - not that I know what that feels like.  :saywhat:

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2021, 06:04:46 AM »
My buddy up at Shrewhaven said there were 50 deer and 1,000 geese out in a newly planted large rye field close to camp the other night when he got of of his stand not far from there.  Of course this rye field was private property but only about a half mile from one of his stands. So this movement was late afternoon early evening a few nights ago
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline MGH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2021, 08:26:22 AM »
Put over 7-miles on the boots last week on public ground South of Grand Rapids.  Found 20+ scrapes, hung some cameras and stands and seeing many bucks so far.  Sad to say that I have not yet been out, but for sure this weekend.  I would guess that the next couple weeks will be prime!

Offline abbatoys

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2021, 09:41:20 AM »
Seeing bucks moving in the early morning. Scouted a goose field and there were 4 really nice ones together at swamp edge. Still haven't got out but cameras show mostly night time visits. I did just see a spike behind my house in my yard trying to rub on a willow sapling. Kind of funny little guy..
62" Thunderstick Moab  52lb @ 28"
60" Bear Takedown 45lb @ 28"
60" Bear 59'er 45lb @ 28"

Offline 1Arrow1Kill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2021, 02:34:03 PM »
Up North for the next several days as the weather, temperature and hopefully the wind looks promising.  Still lots of leaves on the trees, but they have turned color and a cold/windy snap should dump lots of them.  Hoping to dump a deer this week . . .
Good Luck Y'all!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©