3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Orientation of cock feather  (Read 3602 times)

Offline Larry Dean

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Orientation of cock feather
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2022, 01:32:45 PM »
I have posted this before. We had a college girl friend that wanted to get into broadcasting. She had an assignment to video sports. She came over to film archery with a very expensive camera supplied by the college. Taking a shot of arrowflightover my shoulder showed the arrow paradox, which got me thinking. I showed her a caliper release while waiting for a compound friend for her to film. She did the over the shoulder shot of me shooting the same arrow and bow with the release. The paradox was identical. In super slow motion the arrow bent into the bow and then snaked around the bow. As mentioned above, but in my case the arrow was very close to the bow. From that it was obvious that the inward bend was caused because the string was pushing to the center of the bow and because the bow was outside of center the arrow first bent in. What it also showed was that the arrow stayed on the bow for a bit before it bent away from the bow. How long the arrow stays on the bow while bending inward and moving forward will vary depending o the spine and the amount of center shot of the bow. Try it with anything that is made to bend, like a fishing rod. Place it off to the left of a point and then push it straight at that original point, it will bend to the right every time. Prior,  I thought the arrow action was caused by release fingers, which can be a huge variable because releases can vary. With a bow like my duo shooter or a self bow the arrow bending action can be much closer to the bow than some videos others may have seen and still have perfect arrow flight. If you can hear the nock of the arrow tick the bow, your arrow is too stiff. We shoot the arrow not the bow.

Offline Part Time Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2022, 10:10:58 PM »
4 fletch 90 degree helical.4.25 inch for my setup. No looking required and arrows straighten up quick.
Pray like Tuck and shoot like Robin.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2022, 10:50:02 AM »
4 fletch 90 degree helical.4.25 inch for my setup. No looking required and arrows straighten up quick.

What he said, but 4 or 5 inch.... what ever is available..... No worries at all no matter the weather, or my abnormal,eccentric, or insane position when manufacturing a shot in the field.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Jim Jackson

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 11:01:12 AM »

What he said, but 4 or 5 inch.... what ever is available..... No worries at all no matter the weather, or my abnormal,eccentric, or insane position when manufacturing a shot in the field.

X2
Blaze out your own trail.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©