3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Crack in riser  (Read 591 times)

Offline preaching archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Crack in riser
« on: February 19, 2022, 01:07:10 PM »
A friend found this crack in his riser. Any suggestions?
preacher

Offline Larry Dean

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Crack in riser
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 03:56:53 PM »
Back in the 70s I had a Mercury Hunter that had a crack similar. I figure since was a two piece rise, joined vertically in the center it would be okay if I just pressed some epoxy into the crack. 6 months later, i heard the epoxy break lose while drawing. i dropped the bow, when it hit the ground the riser split in half, vertically, the window side crack opened up and the the bottom limb blew out at the fadeout.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 04:41:02 PM »
About 10 years ago, I dropped a bow on my concrete patio, which resulted in a crack like that.  The bowyer (very reputable) said it couldn't be repaired.  Fortunately, he happened to have another riser on hand that had some cosmetic blemishes so he didn’t feel like he could sell it, and he let me have it for very little money.  So he was happy, I was happy, and I promised myself I would be more careful in the future about dropping my bow on a concrete patio.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Papadeerhtr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 08:18:59 PM »
Put some real watery super glue in with a syringe, then wrap riser with leather.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©