3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Bear Razorheads ?  (Read 3258 times)

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
Re: New Bear Razorheads ?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2022, 10:57:39 PM »
Larry; Have to agree Ribtek is a decent head, just smooth the hot melt out on the taper.  Also, just traded for some Centaur Battle Axe and some VPA heads that are pretty sweet. 
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2022, 09:59:42 PM by Wudstix »
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline Larry Dean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 12:50:39 AM »
i sharpen Ribtecs somewhat the same as Tom Mussato instructs in the How To', I think my method with with finer tools may be a little more refined than he demonstrates, but so far we have 100% hit to recovery with them and excellent blood trails. My buddy even killed a few hogs with them. Yes I fill the ribs with a harder setting hot melt, Stanley amber.

Offline Baylee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2022, 10:49:40 AM »
Chinese made junk. Ace broadheads are about the same size cost a fraction of these and are American made. The 30-50$ and more per broadheads are made for the new age wannabes that maybe get one or two shots at deer per year from a tree saddle lol. Ain’t much chance of losing a broadhead aimed at the ground. If you hunt from the ground much or get 15-20 shots at hogs and deer per season you’ll start looking at how much you spending on an arrow. Bear Archery is not what it once was and I buy nothing they selling.

Offline Tim Reese

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Cut it out
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2022, 04:20:27 PM »
If they offered just the heads to be used as glue on only and price was fair I’d try them. I don’t wanna buy them and pay for all the inserts and field points as I shoot woodies only. I’m a sucker for Broadheads . Lol. Love trying them all! But am very happy with Ace, and Zwickey’s mainly but have a good collection now. I don’t seem to lose them much at all so they last me along time.
66” Northern Mist Superior
68” Howard Hill cheetah

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 01:54:59 PM »
Just like everything else today,prices are getting crazy, especially for working class folks. I have enough broadheads to last my kids and grandkids for life. Back in the eighty’s one of our sporting goods store closed it’s doors, I knew the owner quite well. In his bargain bin I found 45 new bear greenies ,he told me he’d sell them me for .50 cents each .I told him I only had 16.00 on me , good enough he said, lol
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 02:00:09 PM »
Just ordered some wood arrows.  Think I'll try the Ribteks.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Online Cory Mattson

• Global Moderator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2022, 03:08:52 PM »
I shoot way better broadheads for way less money.

Fred Bear preferred using an auxiliary blade he said “it’s like shooting em twice” and yet they are calling this a “Bear” razor head? I don’t think so.

Adjustment aside this seems an answer to a question not being asked. Traditional bowhunters already have multiple options in all of the weights discussed.

Savannah River Bow Zone - Trad only Bowhunting Clubs and Camps

Offline Larry Dean

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2022, 03:45:57 PM »
Not bitching, just pointing out a behavioral thing that I have seen since the 60s. When i attended my first 3D shoot, mid 60s, quote, "You can tell who the gut shooters are just by seeing their bow. No bow sight, gut shooter." Today similar prejudices exist with bows, arrow shafts, shooting methods and heads that cost more per piece than a dozen heads did just a few years ago. People laughed at me some years ago when I showed them the pignut hickory flat limb that i cut out of pig nut stave someone sent me for the price of the postage. Two weeks later, a doe came on my wrong side, I had time to switch things the other hand and made a good shot with that hickory flat limb. While giving the deer a half hour, I thought about the offer John Schulz made me some years earlier, if I wanted to try his bamboo backed hickory, he would get right on it and get it out to me by hunting season.  At the time I thought 'not fancy enough'. Pretty sure that I was very very wrong with that opinion.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2022, 04:40:15 PM »
I just thought they were neat heads. They are expensive,but I was going to give them a try until I heard on here that they were  made in China.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2022, 07:46:13 PM »
Nowadays it seems that the whole world is made in China. Not all my stuff is made in America, but I'm trying to get there.
Sam

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2022, 10:01:13 AM »
I won't buy any! Nothing wrong with the old ones that a person can still buy for 3 to 5 dollars each.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 01:15:03 PM »
On 2nd thought, I won't be trying these. I'm mildly offended by them being called Bear Razor heads. Not even close.

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2022, 04:50:12 AM »
VERY NICE looking broadheads !  It's great to see Bear Archery keep the fire burning. If they take off I'm sure they will offer a greater selection of options . Like glue on only , etc...  I really don't get the negitive feedback over cost :dunno:.
Seems these fall mid range in cost . If one can't / won't pay that , I see little that down talking a product will do to change the cost .We should all be "grateful"  that we have so many options as hunters.......
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline Slickhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2022, 04:27:52 PM »
way to rich for my blood. Ill use zwicky's
Slickhead

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©