3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Uukha Limb Differences  (Read 4679 times)

Offline Farmingdales Finest

• Trad Bowhunter
Uukha Limb Differences
« on: March 06, 2022, 07:19:52 PM »
I am researching upgrading to Uukha limbs and am curious what the differences are between the SX50+ and the Gobi limbs?

I don't know anyone that carries them near me or any traditional equipment for that matter or anyone that is using them.

I look forward to hearing your experience!
EXE Scream 21" Riser, Uukha Gobi Medium limbs 43 otf,  Springy rest, GT Hunters tipped with 3 blade Muzzy's 535gr. TAW

United Bowhunters of NJ - Monmouth County Rep

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Uukha Limb Differences
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 07:44:06 PM »
Today I ordered the Uukha Altai limbs about 3 hours ago. They are the "nature" version of the SX+.   I believe the Gobi's are the Nature version of the SX50.

The only difference I've been able to ascertain is fewer decals on the Natures to be a bit less noticeable in the "wild". 

I went with the Altai in order to maximize the potential improvements from the Trad Tech RC Cabons. I ordered from Alternatives in the UK.  My first order from them as well. I couldn't pass up saving $260.

These will be my first Uukha limbs. I hope we like em (you and I).

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 10:00:03 AM »
Should be setting up a set of SX+'s on a CD WF19 by week's end....note: my 1st experience with Uukha's....
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2022, 11:07:10 AM »
I had some sx80’s on a satori riser.  A very good combination.  No stacking at my 31.5” dl.  As quiet as any of my other recurves. A friend wanted that combination more than I did and he has used it to kill severs deer.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2022, 12:53:07 PM »
My understanding is the 'nature' series, in this case the 'Gobi' have fewer, more subtle decals.  And they are available in 5# increments.  The 'target' series, in this case the SX50, has larger decals and are available in 2# increments.

Offline Sojurn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2022, 08:31:23 PM »
I just received my Gobi's this week.  I was just shooting them a few minutes ago actually.  I draw 29.75" and it's pretty amazing how much better they feel compared to a standard limb.  The difference is immediately noticeable.  These 45# uukha's on my satori riser shoot the same arrow tuned just as well, to the same point of impact as my 50# samick R1s.  The samicks pull 60# at my draw length and the stack is pretty bad, i haven't had a chance to weigh the uuhka's yet though.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Losing arrows since 1966
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2022, 09:02:35 PM »
Today I ordered the Uukha Altai limbs about 3 hours ago. They are the "nature" version of the SX+.   I believe the Gobi's are the Nature version of the SX50.

The only difference I've been able to ascertain is fewer decals on the Natures to be a bit less noticeable in the "wild". 

I went with the Altai in order to maximize the potential improvements from the Trad Tech RC Cabons. I ordered from Alternatives in the UK.  My first order from them as well. I couldn't pass up saving $260.

These will be my first Uukha limbs. I hope we like em (you and I).

... Post pics when you get them!...
...3Rivers has them as a special order, with no indication of how long it takes to get a set delivered....
...I'm looking at getting a 3Rivers 19" tribute riser, and a set of Uukha Altai limbs for 3D...
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. ~ gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. ~ gnome

IQ is accepting truth when you see it, while not believing everything you see. ~gnome~    (see Luke, 12:1)

Proverbs 21:9,19

Offline gnome

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Losing arrows since 1966
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2022, 09:13:13 PM »
Should be setting up a set of SX+'s on a CD WF19 by week's end....note: my 1st experience with Uukha's....
...I'm looking for a new 19" riser for 3D... currently the 3Rivers tribute has my attention, but would like to hear what you think about the WF risers when you get it set up...
The currency of War, is not money, but the lives of our sons and daughters. Spend wisely. ~ gnome

My opinions come from experience, 𝚌̶𝚘̶𝚖̶𝚖̶𝚘̶𝚗̶ ̶𝚜̶𝚎̶𝚗̶𝚜̶𝚎̶, and scar tissue. ~ gnome

IQ is accepting truth when you see it, while not believing everything you see. ~gnome~    (see Luke, 12:1)

Proverbs 21:9,19

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2022, 11:46:40 AM »
Those WF risers were sure common in the shoot-offs at the Lancaster Classic this year. 

They seem pretty heavy to me. However, that makes for a nice dead-in-the-hand feel.

Online jeffg

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2022, 07:20:22 AM »
The difference in Uukha limbs is the carbon content, profile (recurve or S curve) limb finish and the length of the riser the draw weight is measured on.

Target 25" riser    Gloss finish or mat finish standard decals or minimal decals

Sx+     100% carbon S curve
Sx100  100% carbon
Sx80    80% carbon
Sx50    50% carbon

Nature  19" riser     Mat finish minimal decals

Altaï      100% carbon S curve
Uureg    100% carbon
Selenga  80% carbon
Gobi       50% carbon
66" Dave Miller Sage
64" Fox Triple crown
66" Nothern Mist American

Offline rufus_d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2022, 10:48:56 AM »
Bought a set of gobis from John's custom archery in Ringgold Va. Fast service. Bought these when I couldn't get a response from Border about some lighter limbs for my covert. They are excellent limbs for the cost. I've been shooting them every day on a tradtech riser. These are an excellent buy.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2022, 12:28:42 PM »
I am curious what others are paying for their limbs? I've read the Gobi's have been bought for as little at $330 and I believe it's 3Rivers has then for $499. 
EXE Scream 21" Riser, Uukha Gobi Medium limbs 43 otf,  Springy rest, GT Hunters tipped with 3 blade Muzzy's 535gr. TAW

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 11:44:57 AM »
$303 at Alternativess. $14 shipping is what I paid for Altai naturals.

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2022, 09:14:53 AM »
When I was buying a set of Uukha limbs I checked several of the US archery suppliers just because I wanted to support them but they didn't have the limbs I wanted with the minimum logo in the weight I wanted and didn't know when they would get them in. Alternative was much cheaper and their shipping was very quick. I would have gladly paid more from a US supplier but that wasn't an option. When you look if supply is a problem as it is with a lot of things these days check Alternative as they seam to carry a big inventory of Uukha limbs.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2022, 01:19:29 PM »

Was there any other fees / taxes involved?

Offline Ken Sorg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2022, 03:35:01 AM »

The altai are $750 through alt,,,gobi’s are $303.

Offline Ken Sorg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2022, 03:50:33 AM »

Was there any other fees / taxes involved?

No weird fees or taxes. It takes 3-6 weeks to get them and they’ll arrive via ups. I just received my go i’s from them 2 weeks ago and the total was $330,,,,great limb, but not 100% carbon

Offline hockey7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 04:54:56 PM »
There must be customs duties/import taxes when entering the U.S.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2022, 05:59:02 PM »
I received an e-mail indicating my Altai limbs will arrive tomorrow via UPS Express.  This is about a month earlier than I expected (24 days instead of 5-6 weeks). 

I'll do my best to compare them to what I'm currently using and report back here.

Online Ryan Rothhaar

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2022, 06:57:08 PM »
Bowwild....if you are really getting altais at 330 (not gobis).... that's a super deal.....sure they aren't gobis?

R

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©