3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: When did 50 turn into 70  (Read 6175 times)

Offline Russell Southerland

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: When did 50 turn into 70
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2022, 07:56:04 AM »
mgf, yeah, I'll answer you question, can you not READ what's on this thread?  Have you not read what's on OTHER threads?  So, you have a lot of things to say that don't amount to much on this thread, so since you don't have any pics and you only hunt whitetails, have you killed ANY big game animals WITH a Tradbow?

Offline charles m

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2022, 08:34:11 AM »
mgf, yeah, I'll answer you question, can you not READ what's on this thread?  Have you not read what's on OTHER threads?  So, you have a lot of things to say that don't amount to much on this thread, so since you don't have any pics and you only hunt whitetails, have you killed ANY big game animals WITH a Tradbow?

(theme tune from Jepardy here).

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2022, 09:04:36 AM »

The largest thing I've killed is whitetail deer. I own bows up to 65# but my 45# bows have performed well. That's the only claim I make.

I started with heavier bows and dropped weight with experience. When I was younger I equipped myself to hunt big mean animal...heavy bows and big guns. Those hunts never happened. Now I choose my equipment to meet the needs I really have.

Offline F. Dobbs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2022, 10:10:58 AM »
Yep, I emailed admin JonCagle. Calling experienced hunters that have given wealth of information here over the years monkeys is worse than what you claim. You sir are part of the problem.

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2022, 10:58:06 AM »
 Shoot heavy , shoot light , just shoot straight ! Lighten up and have some fun. WHAT OTHERS SHOOT ISN'T WORTH GETTING UPSET ABOUT. A 65lber is as heavy as I go even on a moose. I will say that a light bow is all you'd need around here with such thin skins..

Online mgf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2022, 12:59:04 PM »
   So, you have a lot of things to say that don't amount to much 

I was reading this on my phone before and I guess I missed this...What did I say that you think is so incorrect? Did I insult you in some way? You sure are taking an insulting tone with me. Why?

Offline Crittergetter

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2022, 02:21:48 PM »
I ordered a bow from Scott Mitchell of Timberhawk,and I asked for it to be 56 pounds. He laughed and said it was one of the first ones over 45 pounds in a while.  :biglaugh:

Off topic…congratulations, Scott builds one of the best bows around!!!
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2022, 03:12:22 PM »
When I look at some of those who push an agenda or argue a defenseless point I often review their post history.   Most often I find no posts of animals taken or awards won at tournaments.
Then there are the ones who say they don't take pics or use a cell phone or . . . fill the blank.   
Unconfirmed kills are not useful as proof to others of your real world experience when you are challenging another's position or ability.  At least not in my opinion. 
To me it doesn't matter if it's whitetail and pigs at your home or lease or plains game in Africa.   
Some folks can afford a $20K moose hunt, others cannot but being able to successfully hunt/kill your available game counts. 
However even in disagreement name calling is in bad form and normally used when your position is otherwise defenseless.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline Bamboozle

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2022, 04:11:33 PM »
Hey Coocksie, got gun powder?
Get bamboo.

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!