3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glove vs Tab  (Read 5934 times)

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glove vs Tab
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2022, 04:27:46 PM »
I guess I should try a tab sometime.  I've always shot a glove because it just seems handier and quicker for a second shot.  We small game hunt a lot and second and third shots are common and the one guy in our little group that shoots a tab for whatever reason, can't get a second shot very quickly.. I guess maybe with a tab, I wouldn't need a second shot.   :)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2022, 06:00:27 PM »
I think what you said is correct: a tab supports a more methodical way of shooting.  I've never known anyone who is well known for snap shooting quickly and accurately, like Howard Hill, who uses a tab.  On the other hand, there are a few people who are well known for shooting methodically and accurately, like Rick Welch, who use a glove.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2022, 01:49:09 AM »
I'm sure there are people out there, but I've never known anyone who has gone from a glove to a tab and went back to a glove. That tells me something....

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2022, 08:20:41 AM »
I went from a glove to a tab 40 years ago and never looked back... But I'm sure there have been some who have gone back to a glove. I shoot much better with a tab.

Offline Buggs

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Beware the simian swine jockey
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2022, 08:31:19 AM »
Glove shooter here. Tried a tab and hated it. Found it to be somewhat worthless, unless one is stationary and not needing to do anything dexterous other than standing still with a hand on the string. Use finger cots a lot for hike hunting.
Ooo, who, who hangs free

Offline Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2022, 10:34:13 AM »
I started with a glove, then went to a tab 30 years ago. I'm split finger shooter . I played with my old glove a couple times after that, but I was just too used to the tab so that's where I stay. For me, I also like the tab when really cold in the winter because I can put a light weight glove on the tab hand, slide the tab on and still use it without issues. It takes the edge off those times when you need to keep your hand out of your pocket when it's a bit colder. I have another tab for those times where the finger hole is stretched out a bit bigger for those occasions. I can also wear a mitten that has the fingers and I can just flip the mitten flap over and shoot. Just what works for me.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 09:06:12 PM by Ken Babicky »

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2023, 10:20:46 AM »
 :archer2:
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Online Kelly

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2023, 11:08:38 AM »
60+ years a tab shooter, have tried gloves several times, just didn’t feel tight.

When I see Olympic shooters using gloves might have to reconsider!

Oh, also split finger, can use same tab 3 under but split is quieter to my ears.
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2023, 11:46:49 AM »
Those pesky Olympic shooters.  Aren't they just trend setters?
I don't watch the Olympics.  But watching the traditional 3D world championships last year I noticed that the top shooters were split about 50/50 tab and glove.
Also of the hunters I know and respect they are split about 50/50.
I seem to be able to kill stuff with both.  But it's more comfortable and natural for me to use a glove.  I'm sure I'll never win any championship.  No medal podiums in my future.  But I kill stuff on a regular basis and my freezer is full.  Pretty sure the glove will do just fine for me. That said, one of my friends said I'm an idiot just this morning so what do I know?  After all he's a tab guy.  He must be right.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Online kopfjaeger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
I prefer a glove (BearPaw). I've tried tabs quite a few times and just couldn't get use to them.
HE made me into a polished arrow & concealed me in HIS quiver. Isaiah 49:2

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2023, 06:24:26 PM »
I'm sure there are people out there, but I've never known anyone who has gone from a glove to a tab and went back to a glove. That tells me something....

Exactly my experience.  Took years to try a tab but after using one for a season I couldn't go back to a glove.  :thumbsup:

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2023, 12:16:53 AM »
I have used both, finger stalls as well, but I personally shoot much better with a tab.  Black Widow is my favorite (though I have never owned one of their bows).
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Bijoukid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2023, 06:07:20 PM »
Glove shooter here, I've tried a tab and cannot shoot accurately with one to save my life.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2023, 09:45:12 AM »

Yeah Gene, I'm one of them. Tired a tab and went back to a glove.  I didn't like a tab for several reasons.  :campfire:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Mike Malvaini

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2023, 03:04:14 PM »
There really is no 'vs', its just your preference. I'm not an Olympic archer so what they use is totally irrelevant to me.  They also use multiple stabilizers as well, that are not to hunting friendly so those are irrelevant to me also. Howard Hill certainly did well with a glove.

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2023, 08:46:08 PM »
Not sure about that, Mike.

I've taken over 30 deer while hunting with a tab:)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2023, 09:08:25 PM »
When it come to Primative and Traditional - I can, and have, made tabs.  I can't make a glove.   ;)
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2023, 01:46:49 PM »
When it come to Primative and Traditional - I can, and have, made tabs.  I can't make a glove.   ;)

Well I can't make a car engine to get me to the woods I hunt....

But I prefer one.  :biglaugh:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Wudstix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Wood arrows & D/R Longbows Rule!!!
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2023, 04:50:01 PM »

Yeah Gene, I'm one of them. Tired a tab and went back to a glove.  I didn't like a tab for several reasons.  :campfire:

Yep, me too.........started with a glove, tried tabs and back to a glove.  Tabs are for target archery not bowhunting IMHO. :bigsmyl:

Started with a glove 'cause everyone shot one.  Still shoot American Leather for long sessions, but prefer the nylon faced Death Adder tabs for hunting.  I can feel the string better and the release is much smoother.  IME and IMVHO!!!
 :campfire: :coffee: :archer2: :campfire:

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!!" - Me

Psalms 121: 1-3 - King David

60" Big River 67#@28"              
60" MOAB D/R LB 62#@27"
60" Big River D/R LB 65#@27"
62" Kota Badlands LB 72#@28"
62" Howatt TD 62#@28
58” Bear Grizzly 70#@28”
62" Big River D/R LB 60#@30"
66" Moosejaw Razorback LB 60#@28"

"Memento Mori"
PBS - Associate Member
Retired DoD Civ 1985-2019

Offline two4hooking

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2023, 08:59:55 AM »
Glove guy here....tried tabs and didn't care for them.  I like the glove is always on and ready for action. I like the extra protection from the string and can shoot all day with heavier bows.  I like the crossover gloves with inserts. I can grab an arrow by the nock from my BQ and be ready to shoot without any adjustment or pause.  Gloves and longbows and back quivers and shooting split just go together for me. :archer2:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©