3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Super Shrew Chameleon  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
Super Shrew Chameleon
« on: February 15, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
I just got a new to me Super Shrew Chameleon that is 60" long and 53#@28".  I was wondering if anybody could tell me the recommended brace height is and a good nock point height to start out with.  Any other helpful tuning information would be great.  I will try and post some pics later.  Thanks in advance.

Tim
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Super Shrew Chameleon
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 03:27:00 PM »
Tim, I set my Super Shrew longbow at 7", as do most other SS owners I know. Nock point should be based on your normal nock point. I think mine is set at 1/8-1/4 inch above the top (parrallel line of top of arrow to string) of the arrow I'm using (I'll use a different string for my fat wood arrows and my Easton Axis carbons). Also, rubber cat whiskers tied on work best for me.

P.S.-Let me know if that bow doesn't work out for you and I'll save you shipping costs. You beat me by a little bit on getting that from Mr. Barnes!
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
Ray do you think the cat whiskers work better then the beaver ball type silencers on the super shrews?
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by AnointedArcher:
Ray do you think the cat whiskers work better then the beaver ball type silencers on the super shrews?
Yes, I do.

Also, I believe Ron LaClair still sends each bow out with a set of cat whiskers installed on the string.

Offline AnointedArcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
Well the big brown truck should be delivering my new shrew yet today, man I can hardly wait  :jumper:
John 8:36
So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Congratulations Jeff!!!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
Ray, Thanks for the help.  I am sorry that I beat you to it.  I will keep you in mind if I get rid of it but if I were you I would not hold my breath   :biglaugh: .

Thanks again,
Tim

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 04:18:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Fishell:
Ray, Thanks for the help.  I am sorry that I beat you to it.  I will keep you in mind if I get rid of it but if I were you I would not hold my breath    :banghead:

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Sorry Ray I just talked with Ron and he gave me the low down.  He even sent me the instruction sheet he sends out with his bows.  He is one top notch guy.  I didnt even buy the bow from him and he still goes out of his way to answer my questions.  Thanks again for the help.

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
HAHA only 8 more months for me to get my Green Chameleon! Piece of cake.

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 05:11:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tim Fishell:
Sorry Ray I just talked with Ron and he gave me the low down.  He even sent me the instruction sheet he sends out with his bows.  He is one top notch guy.  I didnt even buy the bow from him and he still goes out of his way to answer my questions.  Thanks again for the help.

Tim
Tim,
He's off my X-mas list too.   ;)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Tim,
He's off my X-mas list too.
Ray, I could have swore that you just emailed me an order for a new bow      :readit:    Hmmmm, maybe I just dreamed it.     :confused:        :rolleyes:  

BTW, Rogers new bow is in the works...I'm sure you're happy for him     :mad:      :banghead:       :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:

quote:
Tim,
He's off my X-mas list too.
Ray, I could have swore that you just emailed me an order for a new bow        :readit:      Hmmmm, maybe I just dreamed it.       :confused:            :rolleyes:    

BTW, Rogers new bow is in the works...I'm sure you're happy for him       :mad:          :readit:

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 08:03:00 PM »
so Tim...what is the brace height supposed to be?  I was thinking more like 6 1/2"..?  Glad you got the bow OK...
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
Bob, Ron says between 7" and 7.5".  I just got done shooting and I can only shoot about 13 yards in my basement.  The bow shoots beautifully.  At 13 yards I was breaking nocks the first round I shot.  I love Ron's bows.  I just might sell all my others and just buy an arsonal of Shrews.

Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bob Barnes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 08:13:00 PM »
cool...the string I sent is one I made that should be real quiet ...
Bob
"Hello, My name is Bob and I'm a BowAholic"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 11:16:00 PM »
Bob, what kind of string is it, 450+, fast flight? If it's either of those the loops should be padded.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »
My Chameleon Li'l Favorite should be done next week...I flat out can't wait!

We have several varieties of Shrews around here...all of them SILENT when tuned per Ron's instructions. On the Chameleon LB, I find that just about ANY string silencer works, it's very quiet with a naked string, especially with wood arrows.

Ron is bad for my bank account...I have a Li'l Favorite almost here, and I'm already itching for a Classic. CUT IT OUT RON!

Ray, did I tell you that I'm wearing that grass skirt to a wedding this spring?   :scared:
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
"Ray, did I tell you that I'm wearing that grass skirt to a wedding this spring?"

Great Roger, we needed one more flower girl! Angela will be estatic that I've got that covered now. I'll let Mary and Morgan go first; you know, the beauty before beast thing.   :thumbsup:

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
Ron, Do I need padded loops if I make my strings out of 450+?  To make a string out of this do I use the same method as I would for a Flemish Twist out of B-50?  

Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©