3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 23/64 nocks?  (Read 756 times)

Offline Gunleather

• Trad Bowhunter
23/64 nocks?
« on: June 15, 2022, 01:36:14 AM »
Does anyone know where I can find 32/64” nocks? Classic or mercury index don’t matter I’ve used them both and like them both.

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 23/64 nocks?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 07:42:50 AM »
Stolter shows to make them. If you can't find them 11/32 will work they just won't go all the way down.

Offline Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 09:58:55 AM »
Yes, Stolter is the only ones I have ever heard of making them. 

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 11:03:04 AM »
I'm having difficulty with standard nocks staying on the string.  Has anyone tried the T nocks by Bohning?
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline JamesD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 10:10:46 AM »
Gary, 
   Are your strings being served for the nock you are using?  I have my strings served to the specific nock I am using when I order them. It works well until I have shot so many arrows that the serving needs to be taken off and replaced. If you are already having this done, then disregard.
Regular PBS Member

Offline JamesD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 10:14:48 AM »
GunLeather,

Have you tried back tapered arrows? That's probably not the solution to the arrows that you have. I have 23/64" arrows back tapered down to 5/16". I really like the arrow flight from back tapered shafts. Several guys offer this. Wapiti, Archery Past, Surewood shafts, and Addictive Archery have all provided me with back tapered shafts. All are great guys to deal with.
Regular PBS Member

Offline GCook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 11:46:57 AM »
Gary, 
   Are your strings being served for the nock you are using?  I have my strings served to the specific nock I am using when I order them. It works well until I have shot so many arrows that the serving needs to be taken off and replaced. If you are already having this done, then disregard.
No I don't have separate strings for wood arrows vs carbons and that is the issue.  However I'd rather not have to change strings, keep up with two more strings.
But that may be the best answer.
I can afford to shoot most any bow I like.  And I like Primal Tech bows.

Offline JamesD

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 12:13:58 PM »
I don't have enough information concerning nocks to know if there is a nock for wood arrows that has the same throat for the particular carbon arrow nocks you are shooting. Perhaps there is and that would definitely be easier than two strings. I know that I had a string served for Goldtip nocks when I started shooting wooden arrows a couple of years ago and I had the same problem with the arrow falling off of the string.
Regular PBS Member

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 12:38:09 PM »
I'm shooting in a new bow right now,and I was shooting carbon and then tried some swaged aluminum. They were too big as you said Cook. I just wrapped some dental floss on them,works great,and I just take it off it I want to shoot the other nocked arrows.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©