3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Push alpha or Kifaru best for 3D? or something else?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline TRAILMASONCLIFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Push alpha or Kifaru best for 3D? or something else?
« on: June 20, 2022, 04:28:01 PM »
Currently using a black out field quiver and it works fine for the back yard but when I go hiking though the woods on the 3D course it drives me crazy with noise. I have seen the push alpha and like allot about it but from the pictures it is not exactly the everything has a place and is in its place that I would prefer. The Kifaru quiver also looks very nice and pushes more towards my everything in its place that I would prefer but dang that's a special price once you have it set 100% up the way I would want it. Those of you who have one or the other what can you tell me to help me decide? Or is there a 3rd choice I haven't found that is a 100% quiet quiver? I want room for at least 6 arrows, water bottle, tab & or glove, spare string, rangefinder, and a few small odds and ends if possible. bonus if it can fit a square but not a necessity. And yes I have and am currently using a bow quiver but find it a bit clunky and still need something to bring the rest of the junk as I tend to be the pack mule for me and my 2 daughters when we shoot.

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Push alpha or Kifaru best for 3D? or something else?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 09:34:51 AM »
Been using a leather hip 3d quiver made by Neat.  Had it for over 20 years and it still looks like new.  Not sure about a noise concern though, it's 3d, not real hunting.   :dunno:
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 10:43:13 AM »
Agree the Need side/hip quiver gets the job done.  If you want to get fancy, might consider a Cedar Ridge Leatherworks quiver from Art Vincent.  Lots of other good choices out there. 

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 10:45:35 AM »
I don't own either one but they both look like they will get the job done and both look like they cost the same but I do know that Kifaru is made in the USA and has a I believe a life warranty I don't know about The Push.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline TRAILMASONCLIFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2022, 11:00:51 AM »
I don't own either one but they both look like they will get the job done and both look like they cost the same but I do know that Kifaru is made in the USA and has a I believe a life warranty I don't know about The Push.
made by AMICK Tactical in Washington. https://www.amicktactical.com/

Offline TRAILMASONCLIFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2022, 11:07:46 AM »
Been using a leather hip 3d quiver made by Neat.  Had it for over 20 years and it still looks like new.  Not sure about a noise concern though, it's 3d, not real hunting.   :dunno:
Thanks i love the look of the leather quivers but none that I have seen fill the junk drawer needs that I'm looking for. My oldest daughter is experimenting with leatherworking so in a year or 2 hoping she will get good at it and make me exactly what I want. as for noise its more a me thing when I'm in the field or back yard shooting a little arrow noise does not bother me at all but when I'm in the woods at our local 3D course and its 100% quiet other than some wind through the trees the arrows banging feels like heavy construction going on. 

Offline kbetts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2022, 11:14:47 AM »
I just recently started using a Push pack.  I'll use it as an early season accessory on hunts to carry my phone, water, bow hanger, climbing bolts, etc.  So far, I really like it.
"The overhead view is of me in a maze...you see what I'm hunting a few steps away."  Phish

Offline TRAILMASONCLIFF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 11:25:18 AM »
I just recently started using a Push pack.  I'll use it as an early season accessory on hunts to carry my phone, water, bow hanger, climbing bolts, etc.  So far, I really like it.
Thank you

Offline Appalachian Hillbilly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 06:55:11 PM »
I have ran pocket quivers, bow quivers, the 3 tube strap style side quivers and got a Push about 3 months ago. So far I really like it for 3D as I can carry everything.

For around the house and informal where I do not need to carry everything,  I love my pocket quiver.

They each have their place, but the Push is my 3D tournament quiver.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 09:41:14 PM »
I bit the bullet last fall when Kifaru had their hip quivers on sale and bought one with all the accessories.  After receiving it in the mail, then testing it, I ordered three more for Christmas presents before they went off sale.  All three of the recipients love them.

You might say I really like the Kifaru quiver setup.

I can’t speak to the Push quiver.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Wilderlife

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »
I've been using a Kifaru quiver for several months now and it's been a fantastic purchase. If anything, I feel a little funny using a quiver that's pretty high-tech when I'm walking around with my longbow and woodies, but it's all good.  :archer: I'd buy one again tomorrow if something happened to it. I also bought the deluxe version - not sure if that's just a Pathfinder Outdoors thing or not - that came with a rangefinder pouch and nalgene pouch. I like that the Kifaru stuff is modular and I may take these pouches off when I go on long hunts with my Reckoning when it gets here.
I'm sure The Push pack is also nice and I was tossing up between the two options.

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 07:59:28 PM »
There are many viable field quivers to choose from.

There is one hi light that I would like to point out regarding the Kifaru quiver. i, personally, get easily over-heated this time of year. i appreciate this most notably cooler quiver.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©