3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thoughts on this homemade ground blind  (Read 1737 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thoughts on this homemade ground blind
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2022, 06:52:13 PM »
Jayson, here's another wool yarn tip, that I have never used because the wool yarn I used came from NZ to my specs.

Walmart yarn will NOT have the same tinsel strength.....

Tensile strength refers to the amount of load or stress that a material can handle until it stretches and breaks. As its name implies, tensile strength is the material’s resistance to tension caused by mechanical loads applied to it.

So, here's how to up it a bit....

Wrap the wally yard around the 1st designated tree about 4 times and tie it off and super glue or epoxie the knot as this will be the weakest point if not glued. Now go around the 2nd tree, but don't wrap it, go back toward the 1st tree for about 6 feet and you can cut or probably just pull it apart there.  this will give you plenty to work with. Now tie a loop in that end the size of a baseball and go back around the 2nd tree and clear it.  Stick your finger in the loop and raise the line pointing at 1st tree almost taught, and start twisting.... and twisting.... and twisting.  I can't tell you how many times but the shorter the distance to tree1 the less you will need to twist. Now tie that off almost taught for leeway and give for wind.

This shouldn't take as much as me trying to hide a 4 wheeler for Bowmarks. The more you twist the more tensile strength you will add. I was hanging palmetto frons that don't weight much. If you are going to hand leaved branches, I would do a low one 1st, then hang your branches spaced apart to create a gap, then run another line above maybe a foot and fill in the gaps. This will also create a jagged line instead of a straight one.

If it were me, I'd try to fine a quality yarn to start with with a high tensile strength.

I'm not in that buiz anymore, but if something comes to mind I'll see if I can round some up.

Hemp twine might be even better if you can find it.

I use this method for my back drop only because I can pile all sorts of stuff in front of me

Hope that helps.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©