3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help with bow identification  (Read 576 times)

Offline M1982

• Trad Bowhunter
Help with bow identification
« on: July 15, 2022, 08:30:59 PM »
I bought this old bow about 15 years ago on eBay and really enjoyed shooting it until it broke. It is a short recurve and I know it probably isn’t in production anymore but does anyone have a suggestion of something similar that is in current availability?  It is a Signal recurve- 52” bow 45#

Offline Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with bow identification
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 09:45:30 PM »
I'm not sure, but I believe the Signal bow company had something to do with Ben Pearson Archery. Rumor has it these were made by Pearson for Sears or Montgomery Wards, neither of which I can prove or disprove.
Aim small,miss small

Offline M1982

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with bow identification
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2022, 10:12:01 PM »
I'm not sure, but I believe the Signal bow company had something to do with Ben Pearson Archery. Rumor has it these were made by Pearson for Sears or Montgomery Wards, neither of which I can prove or disprove.

I think when I bought this bow it said something about being a Pearson bow that didn’t pass quality control and they badged them with this name but I have never seen that anywhere. 

All I know was it was a really sweet shooter for how small it was and I would like to have something as close to it as I can find someday. My best guess would be a Bear Kodiak Magnum but I don’t know and hope someone has a good suggestion. I do think a radius shelf would be the only improvement I can think of.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©