3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Subscription renewal-TBM  (Read 1031 times)

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
Subscription renewal-TBM
« on: July 27, 2022, 03:29:26 PM »
Just renewed my subscription to TBM (Traditional Bowhunter Magazine) for another two years. I usually do that on-line, but since my sub was already expired (already received my last issue) I wanted to make sure I didn't miss an issue so called it in (phone).
I was shocked to see that the online rate had gone from $44.00 for 2 years (12 issues) to $61.00 for the same! However since I mentioned the old $44.00 rate, they renewed it for that price. A big thanks to Amanda for that. The cost of everything continues to skyrocket, and is now trickling down to even the most basic of things...subscriptions.
Aim small,miss small

Online durp

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Subscription renewal-TBM
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2022, 03:43:52 PM »
Just renewed last month for just 1 year...next year I'll decide which is more important food, gas or T B M  :o

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 03:46:22 PM »
Just renewed last month for just 1 year...next year I'll decide which is more important food, gas or T B M  :o
It may come down to that if we don't get things under control in this economy, sad but true. I'm betting hunt bookings will be down this year as a result.
Aim small,miss small

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 05:34:38 PM »
Yeah it's getting tough, a few years back I sold a 2 pint unit of EA40 for $28.00 , now it's $60.00 . Gone up big time last two times.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 07:29:21 PM »
If you do the math it's still only $5 per magazine. Not a bad deal at all considering what you get for that $5.

Offline charles m

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 07:38:39 PM »
Yeah, I did the math once on being a contributing member here since some people complained.

$35 a year for 365 days access.

$2.876 average per month.

$0.0958 per day.

Online Gun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2022, 09:40:20 PM »
If you do the math it's still only $5 per magazine. Not a bad deal at all considering what you get for that $5.
I remember when Outdoor Life was 35 cents an issue. Boy I'm old.
It's really simple. Just don't take those borderline shots. Tomorrow is another day.

Offline SS Snuffer

• Trad Bowhunter
  • At home in White Oaks and swamps
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2022, 11:34:01 AM »
Dad said pick one Outdoor Life, Field and Stream or Sports Afield 25 cents a copy or candy your choice!
Chuck
Kodiak Mag 52" 41 lb.
Kota Kill-Um 60" 42 lb.
Kanati 58" 38 lb.
Black Hunter Longbow 60" 40 lb.

No Guts - No Story

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2022, 10:41:07 PM »
I just renewed this past week on-line for $35.  It seemed a little steep for 6 issues but I appreciate what they do and don’t figure they are getting rich doing it.

Offline trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2022, 08:18:16 AM »
I renew every year to TBM, I got and email and letter from Primitive Archer Magazine stating they would no longer be printing there magazine could only digital right after I renewed I don't like that at all.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Online Captain*Kirk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 10:54:45 AM »
I renew every year to TBM, I got and email and letter from Primitive Archer Magazine stating they would no longer be printing there magazine could only digital right after I renewed I don't like that at all.
I agree completely. I can't get into paging through on online mag...it seems the same as web surfing...and I've got Tradgang for that! I'd rather relax in the easy chair with a cold frosty and take my time, stop when I feel like it (without losing my place!) and take in the nice glossy color photos.
Aim small,miss small

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2022, 12:36:52 PM »
The definition of a magazine does not include anything to do with digital.  If it isn't paper, it isn't and I will no longer be buying "it".
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©