3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants or Obsidian Foundry?  (Read 1102 times)

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants or Obsidian Foundry?
« on: August 24, 2022, 03:58:43 PM »
I am looking for feedback from those of you who have owned one or both of these pants. I Recently purchased the corrugate foundry pants. Upon arrival I found that they were very noisy. I am still weighing whether to exchange them for the obsidian foundry pant.

I liked the idea of the built in knee pads, water resistance, and venting. However just walking I find them to be loud, with the liner rubbing the outer fabric. I also
Find the fabric loud when it rubs against branches or bark. Does the fabric soften up and become quieter after washing?

I have a pair of FL Kanab pants and have loved them, and they have held up well. The replacement Obsidian pants have gotten bad reviews for ripping out quickly. The Obsidian Foundry has the Corrugate fabric in key areas, like knees and crotch. I worry that this will make them loud also.

Thoughts, opinions, educate me
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Lite Corrugate Foundry pants or Obsidian Foundry?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Not for nothin but I have both pants and wear primarily the obsidian, I find them to be just about perfect. 
 They are both about 2 yrs old and with a pair of LJs
The obsidian will take me late into the season .
 I bought the corragate for a slightly heavier pair , more for wet weather .
 I am a huge fan of first lite. Have a full set of stuff.
 Never had an issue with quality or customer service. Only complaint , it's a 🇺🇸 company but made on 🇨🇳, 😞
 I find they run on the " right on fit"  so order 1 size up if you want a little wiggle room.
 The corragate is definitely noisier but I wear my pants to bow shoots, scouting, and other stuff besides hunting so they have worn down enough to be pretty quite. For elk hunting in not as concerned with noise, not really sneaking around.
 Wash ' em a few times with some heavy clothes.
Good luck hunting.
 Kevin

USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 01:27:06 PM »
Thanks!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline YosemiteSam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2022, 04:36:01 PM »
I picked up the obsidian foundry on sale recently.  The weather has been hot here -- 95+ opening weekend.  So I went out in cotton pants the first couple days.  Then I tried the FL pants & figured I'd be stripping out of them by late morning.  Nope.  They were cooler than the cotton -- much more breathable.  Quieter too.  I'm sold.  I went out again last weekend & had to go looking for an arrow in the blackberry (took a shot at a quail).  Never found the arrow but I was surprised that the pants held up to those grabby thorns just fine.  My only beef is that they didn't have a lot of choices in waist size for my height.  So I had to buy them 2" longer or 2" wider.  I went with longer because I usually just tuck my cuffs into my boots when hunting.  I'll probably hem them.
"A good hunter...that's somebody the animals COME to."
"Every animal knows way more than you do." -- by a Koyukon hunter, as quoted by R. Nelson.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©